ADO recordset question. Please help!
Author Message
 ADO recordset question. Please help!

Hi!

I recently decided to try out the "Save" method of the
ADODB.Recordset. I set up a simple Access database and a DSN and tried
the following:

Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
rs.Open "SELECT * FROM Captions", "DSN=CAG"
rs.Save "C:\myrs", adPersistADTG

The error I got was:
"Runtime error '3251'. The operation required by the application is
not supported by the provider."

How come? What does it take for a Recordset to be saveable?

Regards,
                Marcus

Thu, 17 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO recordset question. Please help!
Use CursorLocation = adUseClient

   With mConnection
        .CursorLocation = adUseClient
        .ConnectionString = "uid=guest;pwd=guest;DSN=pubs;"
        .Open
    End With

Quote:

>Hi!

>I recently decided to try out the "Save" method of the
>ADODB.Recordset. I set up a simple Access database and a DSN and tried
>the following:

>Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
>rs.Open "SELECT * FROM Captions", "DSN=CAG"
>rs.Save "C:\myrs", adPersistADTG

>The error I got was:
>"Runtime error '3251'. The operation required by the application is
>not supported by the provider."

>How come? What does it take for a Recordset to be saveable?

>Regards,
> Marcus

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO recordset question. Please help!

2. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

3. Questions about refreshing datas (VB6+ADO+SQLSERVER2000) - please help (Newb question)

4. Questions about refreshing datas (VB6+ADO+SQLSERVER2000) - please help (Newb question)

5. Please Help with ADO recordset ???

6. HELP please - ADO recordset error

7. PLEASE HELP --- Recordset paging with ADO

8. Using ado to create record from Recordset Images Please help

9. Please Help ado recordset

10. ADO recordset problem - Please Help

11. Please Help: Question about Grid bound to a recordset

12. Any ADO help please please help sir