Reading Access 7.0 from VB 4.0 32-bit
Author Message
 Reading Access 7.0 from VB 4.0 32-bit

Hello;

I am using VB4 with Access 7 and using a seek.  The seek result points
to proper record if i display the absoluteposition.  But it always
displays the same record regardless of what i type in the control box to
tell what to search for!

thank you in advance

Mon, 25 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading Access 7.0 from VB 4.0 32-bit

The Seek method will only work on the current index. First make sure the
field you are seeking is indexed and then make sure it is the current
index. Personally I always use SQL. You can specify the field name in the
SQL and use the FIND method. It saves the overhead of maintaining indexes
on all fields. Email me if you require more help.
Mike

Quote:
> Hello;

> I am using VB4 with Access 7 and using a seek.  The seek result points
> to proper record if i display the absoluteposition.  But it always
> displays the same record regardless of what i type in the control box to
> tell what to search for!

> thank you in advance

Wed, 27 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 4.0 (32-bit) accessing password protected Access 7.0 database

2. VB 4.0 (32-bit) accessing password protected Access 7.0 database

3. Access 7.0 Database and Visual Basic 4.0 (32-bit)

4. TIME TO WIN 32-Bit DLL for VB 4.0 32-Bit or Higher (VB5)

5. TIME TO WIN 32-Bit (v4.04) (+750 functions) for VB 4.0 32-Bit

6. Calling a user-written 32-bit dll from 32-bit vb 4.0

7. App crashes - access violation - NT 4.0/VB 4.0(32 bit)/OLE Automation

8. VB 4.0 32 bit Access 2.0 access

9. VB 4.0 32 bit Access 2.0 access

10. 16 bit API calls in VB 3 supported in 32 bit VB 4.0

11. VB 4.0 16 bit or 32 bit Escape Key

12. VB 4.0 (16-Bit)/Crystal Reports 3.0.1.32 (16-Bit) Print Preview Maximize Window