several datacombo objects in a frontend
Author Message
 several datacombo objects in a frontend

Hi,
I have several datacombo objects in my front end. Each of them refers to
either os, os version, service pack, application and application version. I
my insert query I take values from selected datacombo lists. But not all of
them need to be selected at all times. Let's say os and os version is all I
need. How can I dynamically update my insert statement selecting the
destination insert columns/values to only ones that are selected?

For example:
insert into table tblname (field1, field2, field3) from table1, table2,
table3 where table1 = _
& '" & datacombo1.Text & "' AND '" & datacombo2.Text & "' AND '" &
datacombo3.Text & '";

Let's say only datacombo1 and datacombo2 are applicable how do I dynamically
eliminate field3 from insert into table part and dynamically eliminate
datacombo3 after the last AND. I know "eliminate" is not the right term. Can
I just somehow ignore the last datacombo with VB code and NULL value will be
inserted into field3???

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 22:32:30 GMT

1. DCOM object on several servers ...

2. How can I copy several objects at design

3. Making several lines one object...

4. Making several lines one object...

5. Making several lines one object...

6. VB6 DataCombo Box: lost BoundColumn property after refresh of Adodc object

7. Set a value for a DataCombo object

8. VB6 DataCombo Box: lost BoundColumn property after refresh of Adodc object

9. Frontend help needed: multiple datacombo's not every need to be selected.

10. compact frontend mde?

11. Compact from Frontend

12. add linked table to frontend dbase