Increarsing the speed of the connection to a database using ADODC
Author Message
 Increarsing the speed of the connection to a database using ADODC

I have a form in vb that is supposed to serve as an interface for a table
in a database using ODBC connection. Now Ive used an ADODC and some other
ADODB recordsets (bcos the some data to be displayed on the form come from
other tablesover 8 of them). However, the different ADO controls on the
form have led to an increase in the time it takes for the form to be
loaded. Is there a better way to handle this problem. I am still in the
testing stage and as such still using a stand-alone PC. The final
deployment will be on a server-client / 3-tier architecture. I wonder what
the speed will be like when I finally deploy the database applicaion
without addressing this problem. So u can see that I really need
HHHELLPPPP!!!

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Increarsing the speed of the connection to a database using ADODC

Quote:
>I have a form in vb that is supposed to serve as an interface for a table
>in a database using ODBC connection. Now Ive used an ADODC and some other
>ADODB recordsets (bcos the some data to be displayed on the form come from
>other tablesover 8 of them). However, the different ADO controls on the
>form have led to an increase in the time it takes for the form to be
>loaded.

Every datacontrol is probably now making a seperate connection to the
database.
Better is to empty the connectionstring and recordsource and create a global
connection to the database and use this connection to create the
recordsets - in code. Than, assign the resulting recordsets to the adodc. It
takes more code but it's much faster.

Regards,
---
Peter Zaal
(remove the ~ from my mail address, sorry)

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADODC and existing database connection

2. ADODC and existing database connection

3. ADODC and existing database connection

4. One connection to SQL per ADODC used?

5. Data bound controls using Adodc and ADO connection object

6. Database Connection Speed

7. can i determine connection speed using vb?

8. ADO Connection Speed Connection

9. Getting the connection speed of a RAS connection

10. Problems using SHAPE command when building Database connection string using UDL File

11. Speed with Database used in an UNC Location

12. How can I speed up database access using VB