Sql Server connection problem with ODBC
Author Message
 Sql Server connection problem with ODBC

Hi there,

I have a problem with my VB/SQL application built in VB 4 -16.

My main question is:
When setting up connection, how do I refer to that connection once I set it
up.

 I am using ODBC driver and DAO to talk to SQL server 6.5  in a 16-bit VB4
application, all I have is the connection string which includes DSN and
user name and password. Whenever I want to open a table in SQL Server, I
will supply this connection string to my data control or queries.

It seems like a new connection is made everytime when I refresh the data
control or query because after my application executed for some time, I will
get a ODBC error which indicates that "maximum no. of user exceeded" and I
have to shut down SQL and re-start it to get connected again.

Am I missing something important in the ODBC connections and, how can I set
up a connection which can be used by other part of the application using
ODBC connection string?

Thanks in advance.

Danny Lau

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4 and ODBC connection to SQL SERVER problem

2. ODBC/SQL Server Connection Problems!! Please Help

3. VB Sql Server Via ADO Problem: [Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]

4. Re-Initialize Access7.0-ODBC-Connection to SQL-Server

5. need odbc connection - no sql server

6. 16bit ODBC connection to SQL Server

7. ODBC/SQL Server Connection Error

8. OLE-Server with SQL-ODBC-Connection

9. Ghost VB-ODBC-SQL Server connection

10. MS SQL Server, ODBC and connections

11. Creating ODBC connection to SQL Server 6.5 with VB4

12. Join diff connections (SQL Server and ODBC) in Data Environment