VB3, Intersolv MultiLink VB & SQL Server 6.5
Author Message
 VB3, Intersolv MultiLink VB & SQL Server 6.5

Dear All,

We have recently had to revisit an old application written using VB3 and
Q+E MultiLink using bound controls to return the data.

The application worked fine when using SQL6.0 as a back end, however we
have recently upgraded to SQL6.5 and it appears that the UPDATE
statements, when using the bound controls, upper cases the field names.

i.e Instead of

SELECT column1, column2 FROM table1

the statements know reads

SELECT COLUMN1, COLUMN2 FROM TABLE1

This appears to be only a problem with bound controls as if I create and
execute the statement manually, i.e. reading the values from the fields
first,  then everything is fine.

Has anyone got an idea of what could be happening here ?

Any info. would be gladly accepted.

Many Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

Fri, 20 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 6.0 & SQl server 6.5

2. VB & SQL Server 6.5 Contract

3. VB 6.0 & SQL Server 6.5

4. NEWBIE:VB & SQL Server 6.5 Bound Controls

5. VB 4.0 & SQL Server 6.5 (Identity Column)

6. VB 5.0 & Stored Procedure (SQL Server 6.5)

7. migration vb3.0: from access 2.0 to sql server 6.5

8. VB3 and SQL Server 6.5

9. Visual Basic & SQL server 6.5

10. SQL Server 6.5 & VB6 ADO

11. VB6: Data Environment & SQL Server 6.5

12. VB5 & SQL Server 6.5