Is Having Multiple Access Databases better than Having one big Access Database?
Author Message
 Is Having Multiple Access Databases better than Having one big Access Database?

Here is my scenario.
We have a application that uses 3 access database.  Each Database has about
60 tables.  Currently we connect using ADO and DAO, to the databases, so
when we connect to the database, using VB, we have 6 connections open.
Would it practical to move all the 60 tables from each database into 1
access database?  If we do, will the Database be stable enough, because of
the size, and not become corrupt  etc?  Can there be any other side effects
?  Which way is it better ?   We could expect any where from 1 user to 15
user to connect concurrently.   The database could also be as big as 20 mb
when combined into one.

If somebody has already experienced a similar situation and has thoughts
that they would want to share, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Raj

Mon, 16 May 2005 03:03:39 GMT
[...]

Mon, 16 May 2005 03:04:57 GMT
[...]

Mon, 16 May 2005 03:06:49 GMT
 Is Having Multiple Access Databases better than Having one big Access Database?
The size of tbe database is really not an issue here.
Since Access 97, an Access database can be as big as 1
gb. On the other hand, as far as I know, Access can work
with 15 users but you may encounter some problem
depending on the type of locks you're using.

Hope this helps.

Claude

Quote:

Wed, 18 May 2005 06:45:46 GMT

1. Is Having Multiple Access Databases better than Having one big Access Database?

2. Random access files - having and finding multiple types of record in one file

3. I'm having problems querying access database

4. How to read images from MS access database having OLE as datatype to VB

5. Run MS Access report without having Access loaded?

6. Convert Access 2000 databases to Access 97 without having Access 2000 installed?

7. Multiple database access using Access

8. How to Open Database having password, use OpenDatabase Method

9. Having trouble adding/deleting records from a database

10. read a database w/out having write permissions?!?

11. HELP - Having problem with Database.Execute in mulit-user envirinment

12. Having trouble adding/deleting records from a database