Access database size increase
Author Message
 Access database size increase

One of my users reports that his Access
database has suddenly increased in size
from about 700K to 6Mb for no apparent reason.
Any ideas on what could cause this?

Mon, 03 Feb 2003 08:30:48 GMT
 Access database size increase
There are loads of reasons. Adding data, adding new reports, forms etc.

Access does increase in size in big jumps. The logic is if it expanded the
MDB every time you wrote new data, performance would be hit.

This is totally normal

Quote:

>One of my users reports that his Access
>database has suddenly increased in size
>from about 700K to 6Mb for no apparent reason.
>Any ideas on what could cause this?

Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Access database size increase

you can fix this, by "reparing and compressing" your database in Access.

yours

Fabian

Quote:
> One of my users reports that his Access
> database has suddenly increased in size
> from about 700K to 6Mb for no apparent reason.
> Any ideas on what could cause this?

Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Database keeps on increasing in size

2. Increasing size of Access Application

3. Access 2 increasing the size of a field using Basic

4. Access 7.0 File Size Increases

5. Adding new column into Access increases the size of the file

6. Help - MS Access Size Increased!

7. increase numbers in Access 2000 database with VB

8. How to increase the speed to load a recordset form Access Database in visual basic application

9. Insert Pic as OLE increase file size dramatically

10. Increase field size in linked table

11. mdw increases in size...

12. Why does DB increase in size ?