Sharing problem writing to MDB file using WORD VBA code
Author Message
 Sharing problem writing to MDB file using WORD VBA code

I have set up a WORD form with a DAO connection to an ACCESS MDB file.
The data from the form are written to this database when the last formfield
is filled in.

When two users access the (shared) database (with a singel table) one of
them gets an error 2008000B (invalid index). The data from this user are not
written to the table.

What code do I need to write in WORD VBA to let all users write their data
to the database (at the same time)?

Your help is extremely welcome.

Berend Storm

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Sharing problem writing to MDB file using WORD VBA code
do you have a unique index defined in the table where both users are
trying to insert the same value?

Quote:
>I have set up a WORD form with a DAO connection to an ACCESS MDB file.
>The data from the form are written to this database when the last formfield
>is filled in.

>When two users access the (shared) database (with a singel table) one of
>them gets an error 2008000B (invalid index). The data from this user are not
>written to the table.

>What code do I need to write in WORD VBA to let all users write their data
>to the database (at the same time)?

>Your help is extremely welcome.

>Berend Storm

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. File sharing problems with mdb files over network

2. Problem Opening large HTML file in Word using VBA

3. Problem Opening large HTML file in Word using VBA

4. vba code for mdb file not working

5. Writing text and placing a picture into Word using VBA

6. Word 2000 VBA - reading and writing text file

7. Big .mdb file, hopeless via shared files?

8. Problem with writing in a table using VBA

9. Writing an XML file to sharepoint using VBA in excel

10. Problem with COMPILING Word VBA code.

11. Using VB to create / write to MS Word file

12. Problems writing form field text in a Word Doc using WebBrowser c ontrol