damaging the database for debuging purposes
Author Message
 damaging the database for debuging purposes

I am working on VB application, that should not fall under any
circumstances.
1.Is there any general way to catch all the possible errors, and direct them
to one procedure ?
 2. I want to automaticly try to repair database in case it is damaged, by
RepairDatabase. It's all ok but I don't know a way to simulate damaging of
database. Do I just need to write something to db., and then exit the app.
without closing the db., or I have to do something more radical

Thanx

--
Tanasije Gjorgoski   MtkSoft
96330 Struga Macedonia

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 damaging the database for debuging purposes
Tanasije,

VBeXpress Lite contains an error handling add-in that will give you an
application that will not have ANY runtime errors. More information at
http://www.vbexpress.com

Liam

Quote:
> I am working on VB application, that should not fall under any
> circumstances.
> 1.Is there any general way to catch all the possible errors, and direct
them
> to one procedure ?
>  2. I want to automaticly try to repair database in case it is damaged, by
> RepairDatabase. It's all ok but I don't know a way to simulate damaging of
> database. Do I just need to write something to db., and then exit the app.
> without closing the db., or I have to do something more radical

> Thanx

> --
> Tanasije Gjorgoski   MtkSoft
> 96330 Struga Macedonia
> tel.     389 96 781995

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 damaging the database for debuging purposes
Tanasije,

Check for the error for a damaged database...

One in DAO is '3428'

"A problem occurred in your database. Correct the problem by repairing and
compacting the database."

HTH,
DWilliams

Quote:
> I am working on VB application, that should not fall under any
> circumstances.
> 1.Is there any general way to catch all the possible errors, and direct
them
> to one procedure ?
>  2. I want to automaticly try to repair database in case it is damaged, by
> RepairDatabase. It's all ok but I don't know a way to simulate damaging of
> database. Do I just need to write something to db., and then exit the app.
> without closing the db., or I have to do something more radical

> Thanx

> --
> Tanasije Gjorgoski   MtkSoft
> 96330 Struga Macedonia
> tel.     389 96 781995

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. The database's VBA is damaged

2. Access Database - DAMAGED!!!!!

3. How to damage a database

4. Help!!! Access 97 Database damaged

5. How to corrupt the database on purpose.

6. Debuging function in module??

7. config file disappears when debuging

8. Dispose and Finalize when debuging.

9. Debuging in ASP.Net

10. VBScript debuging in ASP files

11. Debuging Classes ????????

12. Running and debuging a complement (DLL ActiveX)