Help pls, Give me some hints pls
Author Message
 Help pls, Give me some hints pls

I m a new user of VB. Would any help me or give me some hints about my
project!!
The project description as below:
A manager of a small fast food shop want to have a point-of-sales
program that can keep track of how many items sold and the amount
received. The shop has the following offers:
Soups: beef,portk,mushroom
Sandwiches: chicken,egg,ham
Drinks: cola,soda,beer
The manager wants to have a simple push button interface that has one
button corresponding to one kind of food. To place an order of three
corn soups, the operator needs to press the button three times. A
[Submit] button completes the order and prints a receipt that show the
details of the order with the total amount charged. In addition, a
record of the transaction amount shall be written to a log while records
of the items sold shall be written to another log. A [Cancel] button
shall abort the order and clear the items of the current order.
An Access databse named as [pos.mdb] contains three tables :
{items},{transamt},and {sold}.
The {items} contains details of the items. An {id} field is the key for
the item. A {desc} is the name of the item. An {uprice} is the unit
price for the item.
The {transamt} contains the amount for each order. An {id} field is the
key for the transaction that make up by the date and the order number of
the date. The format of it is yyyymmddnnnn. The {amt} is the amount for
the order.
The {sold} contains the items sold for each other. An {tranid} field is
the same key as in the {transamt}. An {id} is as the {id} field in the
{items}. The {ounits} is the number of units ordered.

email me pls

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help pls, Give me some hints pls
You don't give enough about yourself to get any help.  You know your
project needs (to some degree) and I think you know something about
relating tables in a database, but you don't say what your problem is
(are).

You probably need a book (try Gary Cornell's Visual Basic 6 from the
Ground Up - Osborne).  It doesn't have much database help but it's
straight forward and it does show how to hook up to Access as well as
how to program a good user interface.  I wouldn't try SQL server or
anything more sophisticated Access.

Quote:

> I m a new user of VB. Would any help me or give me some hints about my
> project!!
> The project description as below:
> A manager of a small fast food shop want to have a point-of-sales
> program that can keep track of how many items sold and the amount
> received. The shop has the following offers:
> Soups: beef,portk,mushroom
> Sandwiches: chicken,egg,ham
> Drinks: cola,soda,beer
> The manager wants to have a simple push button interface that has one
> button corresponding to one kind of food. To place an order of three
> corn soups, the operator needs to press the button three times. A
> [Submit] button completes the order and prints a receipt that show the
> details of the order with the total amount charged. In addition, a
> record of the transaction amount shall be written to a log while records
> of the items sold shall be written to another log. A [Cancel] button
> shall abort the order and clear the items of the current order.
> An Access databse named as [pos.mdb] contains three tables :
> {items},{transamt},and {sold}.
> The {items} contains details of the items. An {id} field is the key for
> the item. A {desc} is the name of the item. An {uprice} is the unit
> price for the item.
> The {transamt} contains the amount for each order. An {id} field is the
> key for the transaction that make up by the date and the order number of
> the date. The format of it is yyyymmddnnnn. The {amt} is the amount for
> the order.
> The {sold} contains the items sold for each other. An {tranid} field is
> the same key as in the {transamt}. An {id} is as the {id} field in the
> {items}. The {ounits} is the number of units ordered.

> email me pls

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help pls, Give me some hints pls

Quote:
> I m a new user of VB. Would any help me or give me some hints about my
> project!!
> The project description as below:
> A manager of a small fast food shop want to have a point-of-sales
> program that can keep track of how many items sold and the amount
> received. The shop has the following offers:
> Soups: beef,portk,mushroom
> Sandwiches: chicken,egg,ham
> Drinks: cola,soda,beer
> The manager wants to have a simple push button interface that has one
> button corresponding to one kind of food. To place an order of three
> corn soups, the operator needs to press the button three times. A
> [Submit] button completes the order and prints a receipt that show the
> details of the order with the total amount charged. In addition, a
> record of the transaction amount shall be written to a log while
records
> of the items sold shall be written to another log. A [Cancel] button
> shall abort the order and clear the items of the current order.
> An Access databse named as [pos.mdb] contains three tables :
> {items},{transamt},and {sold}.
> The {items} contains details of the items. An {id} field is the key
for
> the item. A {desc} is the name of the item. An {uprice} is the unit
> price for the item.
> The {transamt} contains the amount for each order. An {id} field is
the
> key for the transaction that make up by the date and the order number
of
> the date. The format of it is yyyymmddnnnn. The {amt} is the amount
for
> the order.
> The {sold} contains the items sold for each other. An {tranid} field
is
> the same key as in the {transamt}. An {id} is as the {id} field in the
> {items}. The {ounits} is the number of units ordered.

> email me pls

And what you want ?
If you want, I can make the project for you - but it's a work, you know
that...
Any more questions ?

--
I'm happy VBing

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Give me some hints pls, Help pls

2. Problem connecting to Access2000 database...pls, pls help.

3. TABSTRIP control is giving me sleepless nights...!!!!Help pls

4. PLS HELP!!! PLS HELP!!! PLS HELP!!!

5. pls give opinion on converting ADVANCED 7.0 app to 97

6. Accesing a secure DB....HELP HELP PLS

7. Searching text in a file..PLS Help With this code..HELP

8. PLS HELP!!! PLS HELP!!!

9. Run-time error 3141 PLS HELP

10. help pls

11. Disable NavButtons - pls help