Vertical wrap in Datagrid
Author Message
 Vertical wrap in Datagrid

For a Windows application (not ASP or JScript), is there
a way to make the text in every cell (not just the
current one highlighted) in a Datagrid vertically wrap
around so that you can see more than just one line?
Normally, if you click on a cell, it will auto wrap the
text if your cell is tall enough to display more than one
line, but it doesn't auto wrap any other cell until you
click it (and then it unwraps the previously highlighted
cell).

I need every cell to display as much text vertically as
possible even when it's not highlighted, instead of just
being on one line until I click its cell.

I searched for several hours through the newsgroups
trying to find an answer to this but couldn't. I would
really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 02:38:32 GMT
 Vertical wrap in Datagrid
In design mode, select the Custom Properties of the DataGrid, and go to the
Layout tab.  Check "WrapText" for all the columns (or the ones you want to
wrap).  Or you can use "DataGrid1.Columns(i).WrapText = True" in your code.

HTH,
Tore.

Quote:
> For a Windows application (not ASP or JScript), is there
> a way to make the text in every cell (not just the
> current one highlighted) in a Datagrid vertically wrap
> around so that you can see more than just one line?
> Normally, if you click on a cell, it will auto wrap the
> text if your cell is tall enough to display more than one
> line, but it doesn't auto wrap any other cell until you
> click it (and then it unwraps the previously highlighted
> cell).

> I need every cell to display as much text vertically as
> possible even when it's not highlighted, instead of just
> being on one line until I click its cell.

> I searched for several hours through the newsgroups
> trying to find an answer to this but couldn't. I would
> really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 05:24:06 GMT
 Vertical wrap in Datagrid
...and of course you have to set RowHeight to accommodate the wrapped
text...

Tore.

Quote:
> In design mode, select the Custom Properties of the DataGrid, and go to
the
> Layout tab.  Check "WrapText" for all the columns (or the ones you want to
> wrap).  Or you can use "DataGrid1.Columns(i).WrapText = True" in your
code.

> HTH,
> Tore.

> > For a Windows application (not ASP or JScript), is there
> > a way to make the text in every cell (not just the
> > current one highlighted) in a Datagrid vertically wrap
> > around so that you can see more than just one line?
> > Normally, if you click on a cell, it will auto wrap the
> > text if your cell is tall enough to display more than one
> > line, but it doesn't auto wrap any other cell until you
> > click it (and then it unwraps the previously highlighted
> > cell).

> > I need every cell to display as much text vertically as
> > possible even when it's not highlighted, instead of just
> > being on one line until I click its cell.

> > I searched for several hours through the newsgroups
> > trying to find an answer to this but couldn't. I would
> > really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 05:32:32 GMT
 Vertical wrap in Datagrid
Tore,

Thank you so much for your reply.  I looked all over my
Properties tab on the Datagrid Control and couldn't find
WrapText anywhere.  All I have are:

* Anchor, Dock, Location, PreferredColumnWidth,
PreferredRowHeight, RowHeaderWidth, Size

"WrapText" also doesn't show up as a Property or Method
of Datagrid in the help.  Are you maybe using
VisualStudio 2003?  Thank you so much for helping me on
this.  I really appreciate that.

Matthew

Quote:

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 06:40:14 GMT
 Vertical wrap in Datagrid
My answer was for VB6 (SP5).  If you are doing VB.NET, you may be better off
checking one of the DotNet ng's, for example
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.

HTH,
Tore.

Quote:
> Tore,

> Thank you so much for your reply.  I looked all over my
> Properties tab on the Datagrid Control and couldn't find
> WrapText anywhere.  All I have are:

> * Anchor, Dock, Location, PreferredColumnWidth,
> PreferredRowHeight, RowHeaderWidth, Size

> "WrapText" also doesn't show up as a Property or Method
> of Datagrid in the help.  Are you maybe using
> VisualStudio 2003?  Thank you so much for helping me on
> this.  I really appreciate that.

> Matthew

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:13:53 GMT
 Vertical wrap in Datagrid
Tore,

Thank you for your time and suggestions.  I really
appreciate it.

Quote:

message

>> DataGrid, and go to
>> >the
(or
>> the ones you want to
(i).WrapText
>> = True" in your
>> >code.

>.

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 05:56:48 GMT

1. Vertical wrap in Datagrid

2. Way to set vertical wrap for Datagrid?

3. vertical wrap in Datagrid

4. Way to set auto vertical wrap in Datagrid?

5. Vertical wrap in Datagrid

6. text wrapping, vertical scroll bar, vb5

7. Datagrid Vertical Scrollbar

8. Can you have a datagrid column heading be multi-lined or wrap

9. Way to set wrap/height in Datagrid?

10. Word Wrap in Datagrid for VB.NET windows app

11. Datagrid word wrap

12. DataGrid Vertical ScrollBar Always On?