variable for Databasename
Author Message
 variable for Databasename

Hi There

This should seem simple, and I must be missing something very basic,
but I have a VB program and I'm taking out all the path names to allow
portablity (ie e:\database\databas.mbd).  Anyways my problem is adding
this variable name to the data.DatabaseName item.  It seems to want a
full filename & path and doesn't like the variable name.

Also will this cause problems with the reports (Crystal Reports) that
already have the db location hardcoded in?

Thanks in adavance

Fred

  (_)===o===(_)                      ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~fred_v)
  [ ]-------[ ]       CIS Student at UCFV, Abbotsford, BC, CDN.

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 variable for Databasename

You can use data1.DatabaseName = sDBName. It works fine. With Crystal, I
make sure that I don't save the reports with the paths, then I just use
CrystalReport1.ReportFileName = App.Path & "\report.rpt"

Rob

Quote:

>Hi There

>This should seem simple, and I must be missing something very basic,
>but I have a VB program and I'm taking out all the path names to allow
>portablity (ie e:\database\databas.mbd).  Anyways my problem is adding
>this variable name to the data.DatabaseName item.  It seems to want a
>full filename & path and doesn't like the variable name.

>Also will this cause problems with the reports (crystal reports) that
>already have the db location hardcoded in?

>Thanks in adavance

>Fred

>  (_)===o===(_)                      (http://users.uniserve.com/~fred_v)
>  [ ]-------[ ]       CIS Student at UCFV, Abbotsford, BC, CDN.

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. changing DAO databaseName at runtime

2. databasename property of datacontrol

3. changing data control DatabaseName property

4. Change DatabaseName

5. getting databasename of an ODBC source in VB6

6. databasename and path...

7. VB5 DataControl and DATABASENAME

8. DataBaseName Location Question

9. Changing DatabaseName PERMANANTLY during runtime

10. Problems with "databasename"

11. Setting the databasename prop for a data control

12. Need Help / DatabaseName