How can you force a table to be dropped?
Author Message
 How can you force a table to be dropped?

When issuing a "drop table" statement, sometimes we got an error message
"3211" meaning the table is currently opened.  How can we write VB
statements which closes the table and then force the table to be dropped
under this situation?

Thanks,
P. Chiang

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can you force a table to be dropped?
If there's a reference to the table made by your own code, or by another
process, Jet won't let you do that. There's no way to 'force' deletion of an
object if the engine determines it's not wise to do so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please post/reply to the newsgroup(s) so
that everyone can benefit from the discussion.

Klaus H. Probst, MCP

       ICQ: 22454937
      The VB Box: http://members.xoom.com/kprobst/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:

> When issuing a "drop table" statement, sometimes we got an error message
> "3211" meaning the table is currently opened.  How can we write VB
> statements which closes the table and then force the table to be dropped
> under this situation?

> Thanks,
> P. Chiang

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Force drop down in dbcombo

2. Forcing combo boxes to drop down

3. How to force a *bound* ComboBox to drop down

4. How to force a ComboBox to drop down

5. How to force a *bound* ComboBox to drop down

6. Drop table error - table locked

7. Error 3211: Problems with DROP Table after CREATE Table

8. Compacting and Forcing Tables to Close?

9. code to force detaching tables?

10. How do I create a canned form?

11. Canned AcctReceivable Module needed!

12. Which table am I in ?