Delete records in foxpro
Author Message
 Delete records in foxpro

i am using ADO...
connecting to a foxpro database via DSN...

i am using...rs.open "delete from abc.dbf where empcode='" & sdfkjdkf &
"'",cn,3,1

this statement is deleting the record from the foxpro table, but it is not
parmanently deleting from the table..

Dipak

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:31:12 GMT
 Delete records in foxpro
Check your ODBC driver to see if you have selected to keep deleted records.
This is an option in Xbase based tables.
--
Mike
AdoAnywhere: $10.00 Tools

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:09:21 GMT
 Delete records in foxpro

Quote:

I can't help you with your problem - sorry.  But I think
you can help me.  I'm trying to open a Foxpro 2.6 table
with a set statement but keep getting eror 3170 - Could
not find installable ISAM.  Code is:

Dim dbFox as DataBase
set dbFox=Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase("C:\cert", False,
False, "Foxpro 2.6;").

Thought I might be missing reference but not sure which.
Thanks and good luck with your problem.

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 06:04:59 GMT
 Delete records in foxpro
Hai Dipak,

Try this
Dim Cnn as new connection

cnn.execute "SET EXCLUSIVE ON"
cnn.execute "delete from abc.dbf where empcode='" & sdfkjdkf &"'",cn,3,1

cnn.execute "pack"
cnn.execute "SET EXCLUSIVE OFF"

you got to be very carfull in using excl on/off, once you made pack
statement you cant rollback.

Let me know if you have any question.

bye
Pandiaraj

Quote:
> i am using ADO...
> connecting to a foxpro database via DSN...

> i am using...rs.open "delete from abc.dbf where empcode='" & sdfkjdkf &
> "'",cn,3,1

> this statement is deleting the record from the foxpro table, but it is not
> parmanently deleting from the table..

> Dipak

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 09:50:26 GMT
 Delete records in foxpro
You may need to change DAO reference from DAO 3.6 to DAO 3.51. DAO 3.6
doesn't support Foxpro ISAM

Luke

rights.)

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:36:45 GMT
 Delete records in foxpro
I also facing this problem,,, I C... Dao3.6 does't support FoxPro ISAM.

but is there another way for this problem, b'cos i can't downgrade the Dao
to 3.5x, it will cos something else not working,,,,, how????

Vincent.

Quote:
> You may need to change DAO reference from DAO 3.6 to DAO 3.51. DAO 3.6
> doesn't support Foxpro ISAM

> Luke

> rights.)

Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:42:00 GMT
 Delete records in foxpro
You can migrate to ADO and use Foxpro ODBC driver to open the Fox pro
database.

Luke

rights.)

Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:31:25 GMT

1. Cannot delete record on FoxPro 2.5 DB

2. Deleted Records Under FoxPro 2.6

3. delete records in Foxpro

4. delete records in foxpro

5. How Do I NOT Display deleted records using FoxPro 2.5 Database

6. Cannot add record to Visual Foxpro table after deleting all records in table

7. Foxpro database (Deleted Records)

8. Foxpro Deleted Records

9. deleting records from a Foxpro database

10. Handling A deleted Foxpro Record

11. Accessing Foxpro dbf - deleted records

12. FoxPro ODBC Driver Shows Deleted Records