Problem returning SQL Server Error to VB 6 with ADO
Author Message
 Problem returning SQL Server Error to VB 6 with ADO

I am using VB 6 and OLE DB ADO to connect to an SQL Server.  When I
encounter an
SQL error I can read the Native Error number for SQL Server, and can
then read the error description from the sysmesseages table.  The
problem is that this description returns some search and replace fields,
which SQL Server would obviously fill with either table or fields names
depending on the error encountered.  How do I find the values to replace
in the description or return the error in some other way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wayne Ratcliffe.

Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB Sql Server Via ADO Problem: [Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]

2. ADO, SQL Server, VB problem posted to the microsoft.public.data.ado group as well

3. SQL Server Error codes returned to VB

4. OLEDB Returns HResult Error to VB When Using SQL Server 7

5. ADO error trapping in VB + SQL Server 2000

6. VB/ADO/SQL Server error

7. ADO error trapping in VB + SQL Server 2000

8. ADO error trapping in VB + SQL Server 2000

9. VB 5 / ADO / SQL Server Problem

10. VB 5 - ADO adOpenKeySet cursor problem with SQL Server stored procedures using Variables

11. Problem creating an SQL Server trigger from ADO connection in VB

12. VB 5 - ADO adOpenKeySet cursor problem with SQL Server stored procedures using Variables