DataLink Objects vs Connection Object
Author Message
 DataLink Objects vs Connection Object

Dear Expert,

I am converting a project to disconnected recordset which is a normal
recordset but doesn't maintain a live connection to the database. For this I
need to use a Connection Object which has some methods I need.

The problem is I cant just declare my new connection at the top of a form
and work with that because my project is using the DataLink objects which
automatically become connection objects in the data environment and I dont
feel I have much control over them. With the Connection Object (which is
what my text book shows me how to use) I can easily code with it.

This is all quite new to me and I'd appreciate any help/guidence
cheers
TZ

Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:15:00 GMT

1. DataLink Objects vs Connection Object

2. DataLink Objects vs Connection Object

3. Obtaining the connection object of a datalinked control...

4. Command Object vs Connection Object for Row Level Locking

5. Command Object vs Connection Object for Row Level Locking

6. Command Object vs Connection Object for Row Level Locking

7. Connection String vs. Connection Object

8. ADODC vs my own connection object?!?

9. Generic Object vs Explicit Object

10. Object-Based VS Object-Oriented

11. Object Base VS Object Oriented