Insufficient base table information
Author Message
 Insufficient base table information

Hey all,

I'm trying to update my recordset that I've generated via SQL and ADO.
I can seem to Update via

adoMetadata.Recordset.Update

but whenever I try to move to the next record, I get an error

"Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing"

How do I sucessfully make changes and put them into the open recordset?
The following is what I've got to access the database

Dim ADOConn As New ADODB.Connection

connectString = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;DBQ=G:\MN1_gis\Data\Tables;" & _
      "DefaultDir=G:\MN1_gis\Data\Tables;Driver={Microsoft dBase Driver
(*.dbf)};" & _
      "DriverId=21;FIL=dBase III;UID=admin;Initial
Catalog=G:\MN1_gis\Data\Tables;"

With adoMetadata
    .ConnectionString = connectString
    .CommandType = adCmdText
    .RecordSource = "SELECT * FROM Metadata INNER JOIN Metalink     ON
Metalink.ID = Metadata.ID"
    .Refresh
End With

adoMetadata.Recordset.fields(0).Value = "test"
adoMetadata.Recordset.Update

After I try and move to the next record, I get the above stated error.
What gives?

Thanks a bunch,

Mark

--
Mark Giesbrecht
GIS Analyst

phone: (403) 290-1320  fax:  (403) 264-5848

Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Insufficient base table information
If you are attempting to update joined tables, I think you need to set the
BaseTable property in the recordset  so it will know how to perform the
update.

adoMetadata.Recordset.Properties("BaseTable").Value = "Metadata"

Quote:
> Hey all,

> I'm trying to update my recordset that I've generated via SQL and ADO.
> I can seem to Update via

> adoMetadata.Recordset.Update

> but whenever I try to move to the next record, I get an error

> "Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing"

> How do I sucessfully make changes and put them into the open recordset?
> The following is what I've got to access the database

> Dim ADOConn As New ADODB.Connection

> connectString = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;DBQ=G:\MN1_gis\Data\Tables;" & _
>       "DefaultDir=G:\MN1_gis\Data\Tables;Driver={Microsoft dBase Driver
> (*.dbf)};" & _
>       "DriverId=21;FIL=dBase III;UID=admin;Initial
> Catalog=G:\MN1_gis\Data\Tables;"

> With adoMetadata
>     .ConnectionString = connectString
>     .CommandType = adCmdText
>     .RecordSource = "SELECT * FROM Metadata INNER JOIN Metalink     ON
> Metalink.ID = Metadata.ID"
>     .Refresh
> End With

> adoMetadata.Recordset.fields(0).Value = "test"
> adoMetadata.Recordset.Update

> After I try and move to the next record, I get the above stated error.
> What gives?

> Thanks a bunch,

> Mark

> --
> Mark Giesbrecht
> GIS Analyst
> GeoArctic International Services Ltd.

> phone: (403) 290-1320  fax:  (403) 264-5848

Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Insufficient base table information
Mark,

Assuming that your two tables already have primary keys, I would begin by
trying another CursorType than the default adForwardOnly, which returns
minimal information.  Also, keep in mind that by default you have a
read-only recordset that you cannot change unless you specify a LockType
other than adLockReadOnly.

DOUG

Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Insufficient base table information
I thinks its "Unique Table" you need.
adoMetadata.Recordset.Properties("Unique Table").Value = "Metadata"

Quote:

>If you are attempting to update joined tables, I think you need to set the
>BaseTable property in the recordset  so it will know how to perform the
>update.

>adoMetadata.Recordset.Properties("BaseTable").Value = "Metadata"

>> Hey all,

>> I'm trying to update my recordset that I've generated via SQL and ADO.
>> I can seem to Update via

>> adoMetadata.Recordset.Update

>> but whenever I try to move to the next record, I get an error

>> "Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing"

>> How do I sucessfully make changes and put them into the open recordset?
>> The following is what I've got to access the database

>> Dim ADOConn As New ADODB.Connection

>> connectString = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;DBQ=G:\MN1_gis\Data\Tables;" & _
>>       "DefaultDir=G:\MN1_gis\Data\Tables;Driver={Microsoft dBase Driver
>> (*.dbf)};" & _
>>       "DriverId=21;FIL=dBase III;UID=admin;Initial
>> Catalog=G:\MN1_gis\Data\Tables;"

>> With adoMetadata
>>     .ConnectionString = connectString
>>     .CommandType = adCmdText
>>     .RecordSource = "SELECT * FROM Metadata INNER JOIN Metalink     ON
>> Metalink.ID = Metadata.ID"
>>     .Refresh
>> End With

>> adoMetadata.Recordset.fields(0).Value = "test"
>> adoMetadata.Recordset.Update

>> After I try and move to the next record, I get the above stated error.
>> What gives?

>> Thanks a bunch,

>> Mark

>> --
>> Mark Giesbrecht
>> GIS Analyst
>> GeoArctic International Services Ltd.

>> phone: (403) 290-1320  fax:  (403) 264-5848

-----------------------
 Dr. Bill Honey
 Collage Consulting Ltd.

Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Insufficient base table information error

2. Insufficient base table information!!!

3. Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing.

4. Error: 2147467259 Insufficient base table information.

5. Help .....insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing

6. insufficient base table information

7. Unable to Update SQL recordset: Insufficient base table information

8. Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing

9. Error: Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing

10. Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing

11. Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing.

12. Error 2147467259 Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing