Accessing a Password Protected Access DB
Author Message
 Accessing a Password Protected Access DB

Hello:

I am writting a program in VB5 that uses the Data Control to load data from
an Access 97 db.  I do not want the user to be able to edit the database
directly in Access so I figured I could make the DB password protected and
the program would "know" the password.  However, I cannot find a way to
specify the db password using the datacontrol.  How can this be done?

Thanks,
Frank

Thu, 09 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing a Password Protected Access DB
In connect property, add ";pwd=yourpassword"

Robin Lu

Quote:
> Hello:

> I am writting a program in VB5 that uses the Data Control to load data
from
> an Access 97 db.  I do not want the user to be able to edit the database
> directly in Access so I figured I could make the DB password protected and
> the program would "know" the password.  However, I cannot find a way to
> specify the db password using the datacontrol.  How can this be done?

> Thanks,
> Frank

Thu, 09 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. how do i access a password protected MS-ACCESS db without the password

2. How to access a Password Protected Access DB from Visual Basic?

3. Working with protected Access DB and non-protected DB in the same application

4. How to open a password protected db (access)

5. VB connection to password protected Access db

6. Accessing password protected db with ADO

7. using data control on password protected access db

8. open a password protected MS-Access DB

9. VB connection to password protected Access db

10. Compact Syntax for Password Protected Access DB?

11. Crystal Designers with Password Protected MS Access DB

12. Multiple tables in password protected access DB