Only Viewing ONE RECORD in a Report
Author Message
 Only Viewing ONE RECORD in a Report

Hi,
    I am using the Data Env in VB6. I have an underlying Access database
with a few tables linked to the DataEnv. I have a DataEnv Report with fields
from one of the linked tables. This table has many records. Before I view
the report I write a new record to this table and it becomes the active
record, then i view the report but it shows me all the records in that
table.

How can I get the Report to show ONLY the ACTIVE RECORD in that table.

Any help will be appreciated

thanks

Mayad
(P.S. please advise if this is the wrong newsgroup to post this message)

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Only Viewing ONE RECORD in a Report

Make A paramanter

On Sat, 2 Oct 1999 22:09:01 +0100, "Mayad Rassam"

Quote:

>Hi,
>    I am using the Data Env in VB6. I have an underlying Access database
>with a few tables linked to the DataEnv. I have a DataEnv Report with fields
>from one of the linked tables. This table has many records. Before I view
>the report I write a new record to this table and it becomes the active
>record, then i view the report but it shows me all the records in that
>table.

>How can I get the Report to show ONLY the ACTIVE RECORD in that table.

>Any help will be appreciated

>thanks

>Mayad
>(P.S. please advise if this is the wrong newsgroup to post this message)

Thu, 21 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Only Viewing ONE RECORD in a Report
I am having problems using a DE command requiring parameters in a Data
report (DB is Access with 4.0 Jet).  When I run the app, it breaks with an
error "Invalid Data Source" on the DataReport1.Show line.  The report was
built within the DE by dragging the command onto the Data report.  The
command returns the record set based on the supplied parameter correctly
when not used in conjunction with the data report.

Sample Code:

    MyData1.Command1 (var)   'where var is a public variable defined by an
input box
    MyData1.rsCommand1.MoveFirst
    DataReport1.Show

Has anyone experienced this?  I feel like I am missing something
simple..........

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

> Make A paramanter

> On Sat, 2 Oct 1999 22:09:01 +0100, "Mayad Rassam"

> >Hi,
> >    I am using the Data Env in VB6. I have an underlying Access database
> >with a few tables linked to the DataEnv. I have a DataEnv Report with
fields
> >from one of the linked tables. This table has many records. Before I view
> >the report I write a new record to this table and it becomes the active
> >record, then i view the report but it shows me all the records in that
> >table.

> >How can I get the Report to show ONLY the ACTIVE RECORD in that table.

> >Any help will be appreciated

> >thanks

> >Mayad
> >(P.S. please advise if this is the wrong newsgroup to post this message)

Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Only Viewing ONE RECORD in a Report
If you only have one record to view, do you need movefirst? I just got
my parameter SQL working with datareport (using VB6 Database How-To).
Is it possible one of your fields is still pointing to a bad data source?
What does your DE SQL look like?

-Fitz

Quote:

> I am having problems using a DE command requiring parameters in a Data
> report (DB is Access with 4.0 Jet).  When I run the app, it breaks with an
> error "Invalid Data Source" on the DataReport1.Show line.  The report was
> built within the DE by dragging the command onto the Data report.  The
> command returns the record set based on the supplied parameter correctly
> when not used in conjunction with the data report.

> Sample Code:

>     MyData1.Command1 (var)   'where var is a public variable defined by an
> input box
>     MyData1.rsCommand1.MoveFirst
>     DataReport1.Show

> Has anyone experienced this?  I feel like I am missing something
> simple..........

> Thanks in advance!

> > Make A paramanter

> > On Sat, 2 Oct 1999 22:09:01 +0100, "Mayad Rassam"

> > >Hi,
> > >    I am using the Data Env in VB6. I have an underlying Access database
> > >with a few tables linked to the DataEnv. I have a DataEnv Report with
> fields
> > >from one of the linked tables. This table has many records. Before I view
> > >the report I write a new record to this table and it becomes the active
> > >record, then i view the report but it shows me all the records in that
> > >table.

> > >How can I get the Report to show ONLY the ACTIVE RECORD in that table.

> > >Any help will be appreciated

> > >thanks

> > >Mayad
> > >(P.S. please advise if this is the wrong newsgroup to post this message)

Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Only Viewing ONE RECORD in a Report
Your right! Thanks.

For some reason when I brought the fields across the Datasource and member
were left blank on the report.   Once I added them it worked like a champ.

I knew it was something simple!!!

Thanks again!
Brian

Quote:
> If you only have one record to view, do you need movefirst? I just got
> my parameter SQL working with datareport (using VB6 Database How-To).
> Is it possible one of your fields is still pointing to a bad data source?
> What does your DE SQL look like?

> -Fitz

> > I am having problems using a DE command requiring parameters in a Data
> > report (DB is Access with 4.0 Jet).  When I run the app, it breaks with
an
> > error "Invalid Data Source" on the DataReport1.Show line.  The report
was
> > built within the DE by dragging the command onto the Data report.  The
> > command returns the record set based on the supplied parameter correctly
> > when not used in conjunction with the data report.

> > Sample Code:

> >     MyData1.Command1 (var)   'where var is a public variable defined by
an
> > input box
> >     MyData1.rsCommand1.MoveFirst
> >     DataReport1.Show

> > Has anyone experienced this?  I feel like I am missing something
> > simple..........

> > Thanks in advance!

> > > Make A paramanter

> > > On Sat, 2 Oct 1999 22:09:01 +0100, "Mayad Rassam"

> > fields

table.

message)

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Only Viewing ONE RECORD in a Report
The only way is to create a new temp table every time, then change command
source and close-reopen the Denv!!!

Good luck!
Stefano F.

Brian Szep ha scritto nel messaggio ...

Quote:
>Your right! Thanks.

>For some reason when I brought the fields across the Datasource and member
>were left blank on the report.   Once I added them it worked like a champ.

>I knew it was something simple!!!

>Thanks again!
>Brian

>> If you only have one record to view, do you need movefirst? I just got
>> my parameter SQL working with datareport (using VB6 Database How-To).
>> Is it possible one of your fields is still pointing to a bad data source?
>> What does your DE SQL look like?

>> -Fitz

>> > I am having problems using a DE command requiring parameters in a Data
>> > report (DB is Access with 4.0 Jet).  When I run the app, it breaks with
>an
>> > error "Invalid Data Source" on the DataReport1.Show line.  The report
>was
>> > built within the DE by dragging the command onto the Data report.  The
>> > command returns the record set based on the supplied parameter
correctly
>> > when not used in conjunction with the data report.

>> > Sample Code:

>> >     MyData1.Command1 (var)   'where var is a public variable defined by
>an
>> > input box
>> >     MyData1.rsCommand1.MoveFirst
>> >     DataReport1.Show

>> > Has anyone experienced this?  I feel like I am missing something
>> > simple..........

>> > Thanks in advance!

>database
>> > fields
>view
>active
>that

>table.

>message)

Sun, 07 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Only Viewing ONE RECORD in a Report

2. Only Viewing ONE RECORD in a Report

3. Only Viewing ONE RECORD in a Report

4. Need to display multiple lines mini report within one record in a report

5. Select records to view in a Data Report

6. How to Print one record using a Report?

7. VB6-Data Reports ->Show one specified record ?

8. One to many report w/ concatenation of many records

9. Passing more than one record set to a report with ADO and ASP

10. Printing a report for one record

11. Crystal Report Query can only find one of several MS Access records

12. Printing One Record At A Time Report