VB 5.0 and SQL Server 6.5
Author Message
 VB 5.0 and SQL Server 6.5

Hello!
I need help on a specific need on an new application to be developed
using Visual Basic 5.0 and SQL Server 6.5.  Let me give you some
background on what I want to accomplish.

I will be creating a form that will query/add/delete records of a table
already generated in SQL Server.  I want to have a ComboBox bound to the
database (query database to select all records) and populate the text
fields on the form.  At that time the user will be able to
add/delete/edit records.

Looking at the connect properties in VB, all I see are Access, DBase,
Excel, FoxPro, Lotus, Paradox, and Text.  I will like to add SQL Server
to be added.

How do I get to make this work?  Is there a different way of connecting
the form to the database?  Will I be able to run stored procedures that
are saved in the SQL Server database?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  You can respond to this message

Thank you.

Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 5.0 and SQL Server 6.5 Contract

2. LONDON - VB 5.0/Sql-Server 6.5/ NT 4 - Developers - Derivatives Trading Systems

3. LONDON - VB 5.0/Sql-Server 6.5/ NT 4.0 - Developers - Derivatives Trading Systems

4. VB 5.0, SQL Server 6.5

5. Help SQL SERVER 6.5/VB 5.0

6. S10008 Error From SQL Server 6.5 Running VB 5.0 Stored Procedures

7. Writing data from VB 5.0 to a SQL Server 6.5 database

8. VB 5.0 & Stored Procedure (SQL Server 6.5)

9. DNS-Less Trusted Connection Discrepancy - Sql Server 6.5 -- VB 5.0

10. How to connect to SQL Server 6.5 using VB 5.0

11. S10008 Error From SQL Server 6.5 Running VB 5.0 Stored Procedures

12. VB 5.0, ActiveX Documents and SQL Server 6.5