ADO Access Connection Problem
Author Message
 ADO Access Connection Problem

I have setup an Access 2000 database to be password protected with (for
example) a password of "Bob". If I use the following connection string in
ADO
"Provider= Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=C:\DATA\DOCUMENT.MDB;Password=Bob"

then I get the following error
(-2147217843) Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file
is missing or opened exclusively by another user.

However according to the access help, a database level password is not held
in the workgroup, but is held in the database itself. Is there something
else I should be passing in the connection string to open the database.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

Karl

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Access Connection Problem
For Jet databases via ADO, you need to use the keyword "Database Password"
to provide the file password.  This is one of those ADO provider specific
commands that Jet has.  The "Password" property is used for user level
access (i.e., instead of file level).

So you would open with:

"Provider= Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;
 Data Source=C:\DATA\DOCUMENT.MDB;
 Database Password=Bob"

Quote:
> I have setup an Access 2000 database to be password protected with (for
> example) a password of "Bob". If I use the following connection string in
> ADO
> "Provider= Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
> Source=C:\DATA\DOCUMENT.MDB;Password=Bob"

> then I get the following error
> (-2147217843) Cannot start your application. The workgroup information
file
> is missing or opened exclusively by another user.

> However according to the access help, a database level password is not
held
> in the workgroup, but is held in the database itself. Is there something
> else I should be passing in the connection string to open the database.

> Any help much appreciated.

> Regards,

> Karl

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem syncronising two ADO Connections to an Access 97 database

2. Connection Problem - ado failover connection

3. VB6: Problem sharing ADO connection between COM Objects (complex problem)

4. Problem sharing ADO connection between COM Objects (complex problem)

5. VB6: Problem sharing ADO connection between COM Objects (complex problem)

6. Problem sharing ADO connection between COM Objects (complex problem)

7. ADO Connection Problem and Windows 2000 - multiuser problem

8. VB6.0/Access connection via ADO objects

9. Why ISAM error using Access and unbound ADO controls with sql string connection

10. ADO provider for Access 97 connection

11. ADO Connection string for Access and MySQL

12. ADO Connection String - Driver for Access and MySQL