Record Set Guru's - Can't Create Record Set error 429
Author Message
 Record Set Guru's - Can't Create Record Set error 429

Hi All,

(Excuse me if this is a repost because I had trouble with my news reader.)

I have tried and tried to figure this one out and I am stuck.  I have an
COMponent created with VB5 that runs under MTS and is accessed via VBScript
ASP pages.  For some strange reason when my VB5 object tries to set a
property of the record set it created I get:
"Error  429 , ActiveX component can't create object"  This same method
worked previously.  I have tried everything, even reinstalled OLEDB SDK.
Code snippets follow:
On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
Dim oConnection     As New ADODB.Connection
Dim oCommand        As New ADODB.Command
Dim oRecordSet      As New ADODB.Recordset

'Open the connection to the data source
oConnection.Open sDSN, sUID, sPSW
Set oCommand.ActiveConnection = oConnection
'Set up parameters
oCommand.CommandText = "sp_SomeSP"
oCommand.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
oCommand.CommandTimeout = 20
oCommand.Parameters(1) = "some parameter value"
'Here is where I get the error!
oRecordSet.CursorLocation = adUseClientBatch
oRecordSet.Open oCommand, , adOpenUnspecified, adLockBatchOptimistic

'Clean up
Set oConnection = Nothing
Set oCommand = Nothing
Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Mike Alvarez
POV Partners

To reply via email remove the anit-spam part address

remove the anit-spam part address

Sun, 23 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Record Set Guru's - Can't Create Record Set error 429

You need to say where this is occurring.  Is this code of the object on the
MTS server and you receive this error via the Active Server Page?

If so, it is likely that one of the DLLs that the your object is
referencing has a different interface than what you were expecting.  The
most common reason is installation of a program on the development machine,
but not on the MTS server.  Have you installed VB Service Pack on the
development machine?

That is my guess.  If this does not help, try posting more information.

HTH,

Jonathan Folland
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

Quote:
> Hi All,

> (Excuse me if this is a repost because I had trouble with my news
reader.)

> I have tried and tried to figure this one out and I am stuck.  I have an
> COMponent created with VB5 that runs under MTS and is accessed via
VBScript
> ASP pages.  For some strange reason when my VB5 object tries to set a
> property of the record set it created I get:
> "Error  429 , ActiveX component can't create object"  This same method
> worked previously.  I have tried everything, even reinstalled OLEDB SDK.
> Code snippets follow:
> On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
> Dim oConnection     As New ADODB.Connection
> Dim oCommand        As New ADODB.Command
> Dim oRecordSet      As New ADODB.Recordset

> 'Open the connection to the data source
> oConnection.Open sDSN, sUID, sPSW
> Set oCommand.ActiveConnection = oConnection
> 'Set up parameters
> oCommand.CommandText = "sp_SomeSP"
> oCommand.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
> oCommand.CommandTimeout = 20
> oCommand.Parameters(1) = "some parameter value"
> 'Here is where I get the error!
> oRecordSet.CursorLocation = adUseClientBatch
> oRecordSet.Open oCommand, , adOpenUnspecified, adLockBatchOptimistic

> 'Clean up
> Set oConnection = Nothing
> Set oCommand = Nothing
> Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
> Mike Alvarez
> POV Partners

> To reply via email remove the anit-spam part address

> remove the anit-spam part address

Mon, 24 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Record Set Guru's - Can't Create Record Set error 429

2. Runtime error '429', ActiveX can't create object

3. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

4. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

5. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

6. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

7. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

8. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

9. Record Set Data 'Refresh / Replace'

10. Error#429: ActiveX component can't create object

11. Error#429: ActiveX component can't create object

12. Error 429 : OLE Server can't create object