JET database halting system
Author Message
 JET database halting system

I have a program which, of necesity, has to keep a database open at all
times.

All goes well, until the database is removed(ie, it's on a disk, and
it's taken out of the machine) and my program tries to write it.

I'm getting the blue screen, stating that windows needs disk FFFF-FFFF
to continue operation.

I can't seem to trap this error.  I'd rather have my program request the
disk, than have windows have it's way with the user.

(I've got a semi-workaround(it works around the problem 75% of the time)
but I'd rather not work-around)

-Adam
please cc to

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Copying records from jet database to a new jet database

2. Jet 3.5 secured database: system.mdw file size!

3. Jet OLEDB:Create System Database

4. System Halt

5. System Halt

6. !Help: How do I halt system events??

7. Importing Jet 3.51 table into Jet 4.0 database

8. Jet DB Performance (Jet 3.51 vs. Jet 4.0)

9. Help creating system.mwd file for Jet DBengine.

10. Jet for multi-user systems

11. Installing MDAC 2.6 and Jet 4.0 on a Original Edition Win98 system

12. JET: could not load the setup or translator library, system error code 126