ADO control on HTML, to MSAccess/ODBC database on Webserver
Author Message
 ADO control on HTML, to MSAccess/ODBC database on Webserver

Hi,

I have an urgent problem, and I hope you guys can help

I have a HTML page, on which I wish to display a table of data from a
MSAccess/ODBC database on the webserver.
The data in the table is static ( ie, once loaded, will not be refreshed or
edited ). However, the table itself should be live ( in the sense that it
should be aware that the user has clicked on a row ), so that a little
Javascript routine can interact with it.

What I have now is a MS DataGrid, whose datasource is a ADO Control on the
same HTML page. The problem is this : when I use a personal webserver on my
client machine, and connect the ADO control to a local database, everything
works fine ( ie, I use http://localhost, or to file://myhtml.htm as my URL).

When I move the whole shabang to a MS IIS server ( and have the ADO control
connect to a MSAccess database on the webserver ), nothing happens. Kaput,
zilch, nothing. I figured the problem is either :
1. My ADO Connection string is incorrect. Its been a long time since I did
anything with connection strings, so I won't be surprised if I got it wrong.
2. Some web server security settings is preventing the database connection.

So, does anyone know what connection string to use for the ADO control in
this context ? What should I be using as the provider ? MS Remote ? Do you
have a sample of the connection string I can use ? And what are the security
settings that I need on the web server ?

Thanks alot.

--
Delete "RemoveThis" from email address to reply

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO control on HTML, to MSAccess/ODBC database on Webserver
You might check that the Access database is defined in a DSN on the web
server. But it seems like you should be getting some kind of error message.

Chris Lande

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have an urgent problem, and I hope you guys can help

> I have a HTML page, on which I wish to display a table of data from a
> MSAccess/ODBC database on the webserver.
> The data in the table is static ( ie, once loaded, will not be refreshed
or
> edited ). However, the table itself should be live ( in the sense that it
> should be aware that the user has clicked on a row ), so that a little
> Javascript routine can interact with it.

> What I have now is a MS DataGrid, whose datasource is a ADO Control on the
> same HTML page. The problem is this : when I use a personal webserver on
my
> client machine, and connect the ADO control to a local database,
everything
> works fine ( ie, I use http://localhost, or to file://myhtml.htm as my
URL).

> When I move the whole shabang to a MS IIS server ( and have the ADO
control
> connect to a MSAccess database on the webserver ), nothing happens. Kaput,
> zilch, nothing. I figured the problem is either :
> 1. My ADO Connection string is incorrect. Its been a long time since I did
> anything with connection strings, so I won't be surprised if I got it
wrong.
> 2. Some web server security settings is preventing the database
connection.

> So, does anyone know what connection string to use for the ADO control in
> this context ? What should I be using as the provider ? MS Remote ? Do you
> have a sample of the connection string I can use ? And what are the
security
> settings that I need on the web server ?

> Thanks alot.

> --
> Delete "RemoveThis" from email address to reply

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO control on HTML, to MSAccess/ODBC database on Webserver

Quote:
> Hi CZ,

> Did you create the connection string using the properties in your ADODC?
And
> then test your recordset?

Hi,

I created the connection string using the ADODC properties in Frontpage
2000, but how do I test the recordset ? Using Javascript ? How do I know if
my connection string is correct in the first place ? Sorry, but I'm new to
all this.

Thanks.

Quote:

> >I have a HTML page, on which I wish to display a table of data from a
> >MSAccess/ODBC database on the webserver.
> >The data in the table is static ( ie, once loaded, will not be refreshed
or
> >edited ). However, the table itself should be live ( in the sense that it
> >should be aware that the user has clicked on a row ), so that a little
> >Javascript routine can interact with it.

> >What I have now is a MS DataGrid, whose datasource is a ADO Control on
the
> >same HTML page. The problem is this : when I use a personal webserver on
my
> >client machine, and connect the ADO control to a local database,
everything
> >works fine ( ie, I use http://localhost, or to file://myhtml.htm as my
> URL).

> >When I move the whole shabang to a MS IIS server ( and have the ADO
control
> >connect to a MSAccess database on the webserver ), nothing happens.

Kaput,

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. access an msaccess database from html

2. ODBC Connection to an MSAccess Database

3. Connecting to MSAccess Database via ODBC

4. Accessing to a ODBC MSAccess database by rdo at same time

5. A very basic database problem (ADO+MSACCESS)

6. Convert .doc to .html on the webserver

7. Using the Data Control to control ODBC database ?

8. I want to convert my ADO database into HTML

9. Script in HTML for MSAccess

10. Script in HTML for MSAccess

11. DAO and ADO connection for ODBC Oracle Databases

12. ORA and ODBC Manager errors with ADO and Oracle database