Accessing & Creating dBase-Files with CDX-Indexes
Author Message
 Accessing & Creating dBase-Files with CDX-Indexes

Hi,
I need a tool or a database-driver within I have full access to
dBase-Files with CDX Indexes.
Actually my VB5 (EE, SP3)  will create DBF-Files with
numeric-filed-length only 20.10, but I need to determine the length by
myself.
My 2nd problem is, that if I use numeric fields in CDX-Indexes, the
Index will crash soon, if I change the indexed field.
I am opening the database with FoxPro 3.0, using Clipper 5.0 - apps with
SIXCDX-driver or ADS for the same database.

Thank You for Help,

RB

Fri, 30 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing & Creating dBase-Files with CDX-Indexes
Sorry Rdiger , but you could not do it using ODBC
driver from Microsoft. You must use an expensive
ODBC package from InterSolv. If money is no object
then go to www.intersolv.com to buy it. Other available
alternative is switch to CA-Visual Object
http://www.cai.com/products/descriptions/visual_objects/visual_object...

MS certainly do not want us to program in XBase
environment and VB at the same time. Since this problem
is happens to very many VB developer and MS has done
nothing about this for many years. I learn this since VB 3.
However I took my chances with VB only development and
never regret it. However I believe this is not for all developers.
Some developers needs to maintain legacy apps.
For them the lack of functionality in MS ODBC driver is
very painful.

--
Samuel Franklyn

Quote:

>Hi,
>I need a tool or a database-driver within I have full access to
>dBase-Files with CDX Indexes.
>Actually my VB5 (EE, SP3)  will create DBF-Files with
>numeric-filed-length only 20.10, but I need to determine the length by
>myself.
>My 2nd problem is, that if I use numeric fields in CDX-Indexes, the
>Index will crash soon, if I change the indexed field.
>I am opening the database with FoxPro 3.0, using Clipper 5.0 - apps with
>SIXCDX-driver or ADS for the same database.

>Thank You for Help,

>RB

Mon, 02 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. PLEASE HELP - Indexes Creating CDX files for FoxPro 2.x DBF's Using VB4.0

2. dBASE III/IV & FoxPro Index files

3. Beginner trying to read Visual Foxpro Database with CDX index and Fpt file

4. VB4: Selecting VFP Index from .CDX file?

5. accesing by ADo to foxpro DOS files (indexed by .cdx)

6. Prob accessing DBASE file with indexes

7. Accessing existing dBase 5.0 Index files(mdx)

8. dBase IV & Indexes

9. Create dBase IV Index in VB4Pro?

10. Create Index with dBase

11. Create Index on Dbase IV Table?

12. Please Help!!!! Trouble creating/using dbase III indexes