Compile Error - Permission Denied (Error 70)
Author Message
 Compile Error - Permission Denied (Error 70)

I'm trying to do some fairly simple code (find below), and I'm getting
the compile error.  The strange thing to me is that the code runs fine
from VB - if I just play it.  However, when I try to "Make .exe" it
gives me the compile error.  I imagine there is some simple thing I'm
overlooking.  I have no password on the db, and I have all the
Administrator rights in NT.  Can someone help me with this?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated!
Jay

Private Sub Form_Activate()
On Error GoTo Err_InvalidPath

    Dim ws As Workspace
    Dim db As Database
    Set ws = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
    Set db = ws.OpenDatabase("g:\database\thebook.mdb")
    strDBPath = "g:\database\thebook.mdb"

Exit_InvalidPath:
    Exit Sub

Err_InvalidPath:
    MsgBox "The database path is invalid"
    'Allow the user to change the path
    frmLogin.Height = 5000
    frmLogin.txtDatabasePath.SetFocus
    frmLogin.cmdFind.Default = True
    Resume Exit_InvalidPath

End Sub

Sat, 01 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Compile Error - Permission Denied (Error 70)
Here is Microsoft's fix for the problem (it is a known bug):
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q181/8/54.asp

Fri, 07 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error Number : 70 and Error Description : Permission Denied

2. Permission Denied (Error 70)

3. error 70: permission denied for MsgBox

4. winNT: run-time error 70, permission denied ?

5. VB4 & Acc 2 - Error 70 Permission Denied

6. Error 70: Permission Denied (over network)

7. Shell error 70 permission denied

8. runtime error 70 Permission denied:

9. Runtime error '70' Permission denied

10. : Error 70 - Permission Denied

11. VB4 & Acc 2 - Error 70 Permission Denied

12. error 70 - permission denied when copying files