Commit and Rollback
Author Message
 Commit and Rollback

In VB6 must you insert the standard commit or rollback commands after a
delete or insert command.
For example:

'Create the DupOrder delete command
    sqlDelete = "Delete from duporder where order_nbr='" & ttlOrder &
"'"

Set comDelete = New Command
                 With comDelete
                 'Use the active connection
                     .ActiveConnection = cn
                     .CommandText = sqlDelete
                     .Execute
                 End With

With this routine, should I insert a COMMIT command after the .Execute
or maybe on the second line of the sqlDelete statement.

I'm operating in an Oracle 7.3.4 database environment using a 32 bit
InterSolv ODBC driver and familar with the Oracle 7 Server SQL language.

I can't seem to find anything in the VB6 manuals that indicate you do
or you don't.

Thanks in advance...don

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How does .commit and .rollback work?

2. VB4 - Commit or Rollback without BeginTrans. (Error 3034)

3. Commit and Rollback

4. Commit or Rollback without BeginTrans Error

5. VB4 - Commit or Rollback without BeginTrans. (Error 3034)

6. Commit and Rollback error

7. VB3 err:Commit or RollBack without BeginTrans, but the BeginTrans is there!

8. workspace commit/rollback

9. Commit/Rollback spanning procedures

10. DB Commit\Rollback Issues

11. Begin-Rollback-Commit Transaction

12. Using commit/rollback with Oracle and RDO