Need help: Using Visual Basic 6.0 to create Modules in Access 97
Author Message
 Need help: Using Visual Basic 6.0 to create Modules in Access 97

I think its time to cut and run. This is a ridiculous requirement and is
simply attempting to thwart the intentions of the runtime (which is to HIDE
design surfaces). You would be relying on BUGS and that means you can expect
it to not work in later versions.

Have you let your client understand what they are paying for? A series os
unsupported hacks that are not supposd to work? And that the Access team
will actively consider the issues bugs that should be fixed, thus breaking
their app and meaning that they will have wasted their money?

Take a step back, and think about it. I doubt that anyone smart enough to
post the requirement here would be dumb enough to proceed. And then the only
trick is to make the client understand the flaw in their desire.

--
MichKa
(insensitive fruitarian)

random junk of dubious value, a multilingual website, the
54-language TSI Form/Report to Data Access Page Wizard,
and lots of replication "stuff" at the (no scripts required!)
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> Yes, it's times for the big cross post.

> Problem:

> I can create an access 8.0 database using VB code successfully, including
> tables, queries, etc. What I also need to do is create a module and
populate
> it with code - FROM Visual Basic.

> I can successfully do this with a New Access.Application etc etc, but I
need
> a way to do it that doesn't require the user to have Access installed on
> their machine.

> If anyone has any ideas on how to accomplish this... My time is running
out
> *grin*

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help: Using Visual Basic 6.0 to create Modules in Access 97
Well, make sure you stamp

UNSUPPORTED UNSUPPORTED UNSUPPORTED UNSUPPORTED UNSUPPORTED UNSUPPORTED
UNSUPPORTED UNSUPPORTED UNSUPPORTED UNSUPPORTED UNSUPPORTED UNSUPPORTED
UNSUPPORTED UNSUPPORTED UNSUPPORTED

at the top, very loudly and clearly. It also violates the spirit, if not the
letter, of the runtime license agreement, and its the sort of nonsense that
causes MS to change wording whenever they catch wind of it.

--
MichKa
(insensitive fruitarian)

random junk of dubious value, a multilingual website, the
54-language TSI Form/Report to Data Access Page Wizard,
and lots of replication "stuff" at the (no scripts required!)
http://www.trigeminal.com/

Quote:
> Just between you and me (and the rest of the newsgroups), I'm just "the
> stupid developer" and what management wants, management will get.

> I'm already getting comments about my incompetency because I can't get it
> do what they think they want.

> I'd get another job, but all bosses seem to be the same...

> Thanks for your help anyway. At least I have someone else's opinion seeing
> as mine isn't good enuff :)

> J.

> PS. If my bosses are looking at this... "Hi!" ;P

> >I think its time to cut and run. This is a ridiculous requirement and is
> >simply attempting to thwart the intentions of the runtime (which is to
HIDE
> >design surfaces). You would be relying on BUGS and that means you can
> expect
> >it to not work in later versions.

> >Have you let your client understand what they are paying for? A series os
> >unsupported hacks that are not supposd to work? And that the Access team
> >will actively consider the issues bugs that should be fixed, thus
breaking
> >their app and meaning that they will have wasted their money?

> >Take a step back, and think about it. I doubt that anyone smart enough to
> >post the requirement here would be dumb enough to proceed. And then the
> only
> >trick is to make the client understand the flaw in their desire.

> >--
> >MichKa
> >(insensitive fruitarian)

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help: Using Visual Basic 6.0 to create Modules in Access 97
Just between you and me (and the rest of the newsgroups), I'm just "the
stupid developer" and what management wants, management will get.

I'm already getting comments about my incompetency because I can't get it to
do what they think they want.

I'd get another job, but all bosses seem to be the same...

Thanks for your help anyway. At least I have someone else's opinion seeing
as mine isn't good enuff :)

J.

PS. If my bosses are looking at this... "Hi!" ;P

Quote:

>I think its time to cut and run. This is a ridiculous requirement and is
>simply attempting to thwart the intentions of the runtime (which is to HIDE
>design surfaces). You would be relying on BUGS and that means you can
expect
>it to not work in later versions.

>Have you let your client understand what they are paying for? A series os
>unsupported hacks that are not supposd to work? And that the Access team
>will actively consider the issues bugs that should be fixed, thus breaking
>their app and meaning that they will have wasted their money?

>Take a step back, and think about it. I doubt that anyone smart enough to
>post the requirement here would be dumb enough to proceed. And then the
only
>trick is to make the client understand the flaw in their desire.

>--
>MichKa
>(insensitive fruitarian)

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help: Using Visual Basic 6.0 to create Modules in Access 97

2. Need to covert an access 97 database to Visual Basic 6.0

3. Problem using Access 97 Database Password in Visual Basic 6.0

4. Problem using Access 97 Database Password in Visual Basic 6.0

5. Help needed for error using visual basic and Excel 96-97

6. Access 97 to Visual Basic 6.0

7. Access 97 and Visual Basic 6.0

8. Calling Visual Basic Modules from Access 97

9. Access 97 and Visual Basic 6.0

10. Web Application Using ASP, Visual Basic 6.0, ADO, Access - RESOURCES NEEDED

11. Creating Modules in Access 97 using vba code

12. Need help coding simple module in Access 97