delete date fields in an ADO Recordset. 
Author Message
 delete date fields in an ADO Recordset.

Hey,

I'm in the process of converting my code from DAO to ADO, and I'm having a
problem deleting a value from a date field.
In DAO, I use the code:

With RS
    .Edit
    !DateField = Null
    .Update
End With

There is no explicit .Edit type method for an ADO Recordset.  Are there any
functional equivalents?  How do I delete the a field value without deleting
the entire record?

Thanks,
Michael.



Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 delete date fields in an ADO Recordset.
Hi,

Have you try to simply remove the .Edit line? (was decided to be redundant,
so it was removed from ADO)  Is the date field can be Null (Required field)
?

Hope it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP.

Quote:

>Hey,

>I'm in the process of converting my code from DAO to ADO, and I'm having a
>problem deleting a value from a date field.
>In DAO, I use the code:

>With RS
>    .Edit
>    !DateField = Null
>    .Update
>End With

>There is no explicit .Edit type method for an ADO Recordset.  Are there any
>functional equivalents?  How do I delete the a field value without deleting
>the entire record?

>Thanks,
>Michael.



Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 delete date fields in an ADO Recordset.
Hi
Just comment the ".edit" line, ADO will work.
If not please let me know.
Quote:

>Hey,

>I'm in the process of converting my code from DAO to ADO, and I'm having a
>problem deleting a value from a date field.
>In DAO, I use the code:

>With RS
>    .Edit
>    !DateField = Null
>    .Update
>End With

>There is no explicit .Edit type method for an ADO Recordset.  Are there any
>functional equivalents?  How do I delete the a field value without deleting
>the entire record?

>Thanks,
>Michael.



Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 delete date fields in an ADO Recordset.
Greg,

I wish it were that simple.  I already tried that.  Here's the error message
I get when I try it:

Provider called a method from IRowsetNotify in the consumer and the
method has not yet returned
-2147217888

btw.  to give you a little bit of context.  I've created a custom data class
that binds some custom controls I've created.

If you're interested enough to actually scan through the code, I'll send it
to you.


This IRowsetNotify brings up a million more questions...like "what the hell
is it all about?"  How does it interact with ADO?  How do I gain direct
programatic access to it?  The lil bit of info MSDN provides keeps it in the
"enigma" section of my brainshelf.

too many questions.

-Michael.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------

Quote:

>Hi
>Just comment the ".edit" line, ADO will work.
>If not please let me know.


>>Hey,

>>I'm in the process of converting my code from DAO to ADO, and I'm having a
>>problem deleting a value from a date field.
>>In DAO, I use the code:

>>With RS
>>    .Edit
>>    !DateField = Null
>>    .Update
>>End With

>>There is no explicit .Edit type method for an ADO Recordset.  Are there
any
>>functional equivalents?  How do I delete the a field value without
deleting
>>the entire record?

>>Thanks,
>>Michael.



Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 delete date fields in an ADO Recordset.


Hey, Michael,


yet you post a simple question regarding ADO to SEVEN different
newsgroups -- when it only needed to be posted to one -- the OLEDB
newgroup.  Apparently, those that broadcast their question to a
half dozen newsgroups do not consider such a practice to be spamming.

I now have seven copies of your msg. on my disk.  Since I have
limited disk space, I now need to delete six of them.  Do you know an
easy way for me to do that?



Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 delete date fields in an ADO Recordset.
Jim,

I suspect it took you longer to draft up a clever reply to my message than
it did to delete the extra ones.  Considering there are now seven copies of
your own message as well, that would make you a bit of a hypocrite.

My only suggestion is get a bigger hard disk if text messages make that much
of a difference.  Otherwise, the delete key will do the trick.

My definition of spamming is a solicitation that is sent to one's email
box...I guess we're arguing over semantics.  Your point is duly noted, and
I'll be more selective of the newsgroups I post to in the future.

Thanks for your wisdom.
Michael

Quote:



>Hey, Michael,


>yet you post a simple question regarding ADO to SEVEN different
>newsgroups -- when it only needed to be posted to one -- the OLEDB
>newgroup.  Apparently, those that broadcast their question to a
>half dozen newsgroups do not consider such a practice to be spamming.

>I now have seven copies of your msg. on my disk.  Since I have
>limited disk space, I now need to delete six of them.  Do you know an
>easy way for me to do that?



Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 delete date fields in an ADO Recordset.

Quote:



>Hey, Michael,


>yet you post a simple question regarding ADO to SEVEN different
>newsgroups -- when it only needed to be posted to one -- the OLEDB
>newgroup.  Apparently, those that broadcast their question to a
>half dozen newsgroups do not consider such a practice to be spamming.

There is a lot of overlap in the subject area covered by several newsgroups.
If you want to post your question to the largest audience possible, you
"spam" it to all relevent newsgroups.  I don't see a problem with this.

Can't you configure your news reader to NOT download every single post?



Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 delete date fields in an ADO Recordset.


Quote:
>There is a lot of overlap in the subject area covered by several newsgroups.
>If you want to post your question to the largest audience possible, you
>"spam" it to all relevent newsgroups.  I don't see a problem with this.

... and therefore much overlap between the people who read the
messages. Whether or not it's spam, it's still selfish, thoughtless,
crass and ignorant, and many people do see a problem with it.

Tim F

--



Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. delete date fields in an ADO Recordset.

2. delete date fields in an ADO Recordset.

3. Filtering ADO Recordset on Date Field using NON-US Locale

4. delete a date in a bounded date field

5. delete a date in a bounded date field

6. delete a date in a bounded date field

7. delete a date in a bounded date field

8. vb6 date variables comparing with access date fields returns always empty recordset

9. ADO with Access Date/Time field not storing the time, just the date

10. ADO Date Fields (ADO 2.1, VB 6, Oracle 8)

11. ADO Finding Highest Number in ADO Recordset field?

12. deleting date-field in vb6 with ms access

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software