Lotus notes connection
Author Message
 Lotus notes connection

I want to connect to a Lotus Notes database on one of our servers and add
documents in one of our NSF files. How would i go about ?

Thanks
Michel Dubord
AVON Canada Inc.

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Lotus notes connection
According to the folks in a Notes newsgroup (I was in tyhe same boat about 1
year ago), you get the drivers from the Notes site (or from the Notes CD
that you have) and create a dsn using the native drivers. After that, you
can do as you would normally.

Regards,
Andrew

Quote:
> I want to connect to a Lotus Notes database on one of our servers and add
> documents in one of our NSF files. How would i go about ?

> Thanks
> Michel Dubord
> AVON Canada Inc.

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Lotus notes connection
I had to convert a notes database to sql server and i used the Notes ODBC
driver which is OK!  its not particularly quick but i suppose if your only
putting in a few documents it should be alright.  I used ADO to connect to
the database, but the Notes driver doesnt support all the functionality, but
it supports enough to get by.

Have fun

Mart

Quote:

>I want to connect to a Lotus Notes database on one of our servers and add
>documents in one of our NSF files. How would i go about ?

>Thanks
>Michel Dubord
>AVON Canada Inc.

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Lotus notes connection
Here's some code that I have used to connect to a Lotus Notes 4.6a NSF file.
Using this code I'm able to connect without having to use a DSN.  All it
needs is the Datapath and Datafile locations passed to it.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||CODE||||||||||

Const strCnnPre = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;" _
   & "Data Source=OHDirectSalesQuotes;Mode=Read|Write;Connect Timeout=15;" _
   & "Extended Properties='DSN=OHDirectSalesQuotes;Database="

Const strCnnSuf = ";Server=local;MaxSubquery=20;MaxStmtLen=4096;" _
   & "MaxRels=20;MaxVarcharLen=254;KeepTempIdx=0;" _
   & "MaxLongVarcharLen=512;ShowImplicitFlds=0;MapSpecialChars=1;" _
   & "ThreadTimeout=60;';Locale Identifier=1033"

Public Function Update_Notes(mvarDatapath$, mvarDataFile$) As Boolean

    Dim cnnNotes As ADODB.Connection
    Dim rstNotes As ADODB.Recordset
    Dim strCondition As String

    Set cnnNotes = New ADODB.Connection
    strCondition = strCnnPre & mvarDatapath & mvarDataFile & strCnnSuf

    cnnNotes.Open strCondition
    Set rstNotes = New ADODB.Recordset
    rstNotes.CursorType = adOpenDynamic
    rstNotes.LockType = adLockOptimistic
    strCondition = "SELECT * FROM Table WHERE Condition = " &
mvarSomeCondition

    rstNotes.Open strCondition, cnnNotes, , , adCmdText

    If rstNotes.BOF And rstNotes.EOF Then rstNotes.AddNew

Quote:
> I want to connect to a Lotus Notes database on one of our servers and add
> documents in one of our NSF files. How would i go about ?

> Thanks
> Michel Dubord
> AVON Canada Inc.

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4 and Lotus Notes connection

2. Lotus Notes connection

3. Help - Creating a Lotus Notes Document in a local Lotus Notes DB with VB6

4. ADO Connection to Lotus Notes

5. HOWTO: LDAP connection to Lotus Notes

6. SendTo Lotus Notes

7. Check to see if user has Lotus Notes open

8. Lotus notes diaries

9. SendObject with Lotus Notes R5

10. Sendobject command and Lotus Notes and maybe magic is real

11. Access ODBC link to Lotus Notes

12. requery help with Ole automation Opening Lotus Notes??