one database involved (one for A/P, onr for G/L,...) or to put all the
tables under one.
Thanks in advance.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:40:26 GMT
 Advice needed
Brian

Have a look at Cache eDBMS at www.intersystems.com

Sukesh

Quote:
> I am currently converting my accounting system using VB 6 to run under
> Windows. I have started the first module using Access but have heard some
> bad things about multi-users and database corruption.What would be a good
> (better?) database to use? Also, would it be advantageous to have more
than
> one database involved (one for A/P, onr for G/L,...) or to put all the
> tables under one.
> Thanks in advance.

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:07:15 GMT
 Advice needed
Hello

If your already familiar with Access then you should look at MSDE or MS
SQLServer. I'm not sure about splitting it into separate databases. I say it
would be simpler for you to keep it in one database for now.

Peter Mount

Quote:
> I am currently converting my accounting system using VB 6 to run under
> Windows. I have started the first module using Access but have heard some
> bad things about multi-users and database corruption.What would be a good
> (better?) database to use? Also, would it be advantageous to have more
than
> one database involved (one for A/P, onr for G/L,...) or to put all the
> tables under one.
> Thanks in advance.

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:11:04 GMT
 Advice needed
If youre not going to have more than 20 users, access will work just fine.
but, if there is the chance that you may
grow to need more than that, MSDE is a good choice because it will upgrade
natively to Sql Server.

Go ahead and keep all the tables together.  The database engine you are
talking about are more than powerful
enough to handle that.

kevin

Quote:
> I am currently converting my accounting system using VB 6 to run under
> Windows. I have started the first module using Access but have heard some
> bad things about multi-users and database corruption.What would be a good
> (better?) database to use? Also, would it be advantageous to have more
than
> one database involved (one for A/P, onr for G/L,...) or to put all the
> tables under one.
> Thanks in advance.

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:23:39 GMT

1. Automation Expert Advice Needed!

2. Advice needed on Access-Excel interoperability

3. High level advice needed....please

4. Expert Advice Needed - Recordset updates Datasheet

5. Advice needed from Access experts

6. Outlook security advice needed

7. Advice needed

8. splitter and sizing advice needed

9. VB.NET and ADO Advice Needed

10. (2nd Post) BASIC programming advice needed: PKWARE'S compression utilities front end application - PROGRAMMING PROJECT

11. QBasic BANNER Exchange & Advice needed

12. Registry Advice needed please