Incremental search
Author Message
 Incremental search

I am converting existing Clipper (DOS) applications to VB6. In my clipper
applications i use tables with about 100.000 records. I have a function in
clipper for searching in the (indexed) table. For example when i  just start
typing the name of a person a listbox displays the matching names, while it
highlights the typed characters. Let say a type "JA" the listbox displays:

JANSEN A.             ---------> with JA highlighted
JANSEN C.G.
JERVERSON H.
JOHNSON .

Lets say after the "JA" i type "Q" the clipper application generates a beep,
and doesn't accept the types character, because there are no names starting
with "JAQ".

How can i do this ( or something like this) in VB6,  or does anybody know if
there is an control available doing this.

thank you very much!

Mark van der Bilt

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Incremental search

2. HELP....Textbox for incremental search.

3. Incremental Search on a dbCombo or dbList

4. Incremental Search

5. Incremental Search (as in VB Help)

6. howto incremental search in datacombo listbox?

7. List Box incremental search.

8. Incremental search in DBGrid & End printing

9. Using an Incremental Search List Box!

10. Incremental Search List

11. HELP: Combo Box Incremental Search

12. Incremental search combo box