Create index using multiple fields
Author Message
 Create index using multiple fields

I'm a fairly new VB4.0 user/programmer and am trying to create an index
using multiple fields in a table definition.

The MS Knowledge Base listed an article showing how you can do it using the
Data Manager add-in, but I'm interested in seeing the actual code used to
do it.

I'm working on my first database, and I believe that I'll obtain a greater
understanding of it if I code it out completely.  Then, in the future, I'll
use the Data Manager to create them.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, since right now I'm stuck until this
problem is resolved.

Thanks in advance

--
Buzz Fenner
<>

Thu, 27 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Create index using multiple fields

I should have mentioned (for a starting point) that you will want to get to
know well the VB data access methods.  This is the heart and soul of
database programming.

--
Later,
Tony Fountain

Quote:

>I'm a fairly new VB4.0 user/programmer and am trying to create an index
>using multiple fields in a table definition.

>The MS Knowledge Base listed an article showing how you can do it using the
>Data Manager add-in, but I'm interested in seeing the actual code used to
>do it.

>I'm working on my first database, and I believe that I'll obtain a greater
>understanding of it if I code it out completely.  Then, in the future, I'll
>use the Data Manager to create them.

>Any help will be greatly appreciated, since right now I'm stuck until this
>problem is resolved.

>Thanks in advance

>--
>Buzz Fenner
><>

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Create index using multiple fields

Tear apart the VisData sample program that ships with VB (since VB3 that I
know of).  It should demonstrate everything you need to know.  But be
forewarned that while it does convey its points successfully, the code isn't
what I would call the cleanest.

--
Later,
Tony Fountain

Quote:

>I'm a fairly new VB4.0 user/programmer and am trying to create an index
>using multiple fields in a table definition.

>The MS Knowledge Base listed an article showing how you can do it using the
>Data Manager add-in, but I'm interested in seeing the actual code used to
>do it.

>I'm working on my first database, and I believe that I'll obtain a greater
>understanding of it if I code it out completely.  Then, in the future, I'll
>use the Data Manager to create them.

>Any help will be greatly appreciated, since right now I'm stuck until this
>problem is resolved.

>Thanks in advance

>--
>Buzz Fenner
><>

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Create index using multiple fields

Quote:

> I'm a fairly new VB4.0 user/programmer and am trying to create an index
> using multiple fields in a table definition.

> The MS Knowledge Base listed an article showing how you can do it using the
> Data Manager add-in, but I'm interested in seeing the actual code used to
> do it.

> I'm working on my first database, and I believe that I'll obtain a greater
> understanding of it if I code it out completely.  Then, in the future, I'll
> use the Data Manager to create them.

> Any help will be greatly appreciated, since right now I'm stuck until this
> problem is resolved.

> Thanks in advance

> --
> Buzz Fenner
> <>

Use example from help under
Index Object or Indexes Collection Example

Good luck
Radek

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using SEEK wih multiple-field indexes

2. How to create index using 2 fields, one descending

3. remove index from field or delete a indexed field

4. Creating multiple fields from one concatinated field

5. access 97 and multiple field index

6. Create Index without adding field!!!

7. Request help creating a multi-field table index

8. Help: Creating Index with several Fields on Runtime

9. Create Index field in Access DB

10. Creating index fields

11. How do I Create two field index

12. I can't add a key (index) on two fields using VB