Please Help with ADO recordset ???
Author Message
 Please Help with ADO recordset ???

Hi,
I'm using ADO 2.1 and an MDB db with VB6 & ODBC.
When I use a Client side cursor location I cant Addnew and Update. It tells
me that "There isn't enough base table information".
When I dont specify the cursor location I dont have a problem ???

When I use the rst.Addnew method shouldn't I be able to get the value of a
field from the new record, for instance an AutoNumber (incremented) field
before I update the recordset ??? I was able to do this with DAO. With DAO I
was also able to get the record count from a recordset by  movelast & then
movefirst, the count is accurate, but with ADO i can only get it when I
specify the cursor location as client side. Doing this brings me back to the
{*filter*}problem....

Please help !
 Thanx, Dave.

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

2. HELP please - ADO recordset error

3. PLEASE HELP --- Recordset paging with ADO

4. Using ado to create record from Recordset Images Please help

5. Please Help ado recordset

6. ADO recordset problem - Please Help

7. Any ADO help please please help sir

8. Open ADO recordset on another ADO recordset - possible?

9. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

10. Ado Help Please Help any help is appreciated

11. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

12. Using ADO (not ADO.net) in VB.NET - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!