How do you Restrict number of users on a database ?
Author Message
 How do you Restrict number of users on a database ?

Hello.

You could count the users in the database.lbd file. I don't know if you can
change the names of the people loggin in. Ii is possible to give a password in
de options field of the opendatabase function. Maybee you give a username
there aswell..

greetings...

Quote:

>Hi

>I hope someone can help.

>I have searched the help to no avail.

>I have a microsoft access database which is being used by my Vb app
>and I am using Microsoft Jet to access it.

>How do find out from the database how many users are currently logged
>on.... or if this is not possible, I have tried setting up users in
>access 97, I have created two users names (apart from admin), how do I
>ensure my VB app connects to the database as these names and no
>others, and would this then prevent two users logging on with the same
>name?

>Any help would be appreciated.

>Jon

Greetings...
From the man who's going somewhere else.
Erik van Engelen

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Restricting the number of clients connected to ORACLE Database

2. Count the number of Users attact to a database

3. Counting number of users per database

4. Number of users on an Access database

5. Lock Database sharing after a specific number of simultanesly users

6. Limit the number of Simultaneous Users on a SQL Server Database

7. Restrict number of records

8. Restricting the number of lines in a userform textbox

9. How to restrict the number of records in a data grid

10. Multiuser Issues - Restricting the Number of Simultaneous Logins

11. Restricting number of instances of ActiveX Control

12. treeview - restrict number of sub nodes