A sample how to return an Oracle strored function value - Please!
Author Message
 A sample how to return an Oracle strored function value - Please!

Using VB6 enterpise, ADO, Microsofts supplied OLE DB Oracle provider

Having great difficulty calling a stored function in an Oracle 7.3 database. I can call stored
packages with no problem but not functions that return a value!

The function I'm trying to call will needs to return a NUMBER.

This really is causing my serious grief! - if anyone has some sample VB code, please put me out of
my misery!

Thanks in advance

Adrian harrison

Wed, 16 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 A sample how to return an Oracle strored function value - Please!
Hello,

Here is a simplified snippet from my login module that works with Oracle
7.3. Input parameter is "MY_EMAIL", output parameter is "MY_USERID":

   ITC.Commands("ITCLogin").Parameters("MY_EMAIL") = AVLogin.Email.Text
   ITC.Commands("ITCLogin").Execute
   If ITC.Commands("ITCLogin").Parameters("MY_USERID") <> "" Then
      M_SeqID = ITC.Commands("ITCLogin").Parameters("MY_USERID")
  Else
      MsgBox "Invalid login. Please try again."
   End If

This is using the Data Environment control -- much less code than using
straight ADO calls!

Now if only someone can diagnose my stupid "Error 429 -- Can't create
ActiveX Object" problem. My app runs fine on several NT installations.
Recently it went south on my Win95 system, though! The app runs when
compiled and interactively and the above stored procedure does execute. It
blows up with the 429 error as soon as I try to vieew/edit a table. Related
symptoms:

an "Out of memory" error when I try to access Oracle through the
DataEnvironment -- like telling it to refresh.

I think this all started when I installed the current beta of Internet
Explorer. I've since:

removed IE 5, reinstalled, IE 4,
removed Visual Studio and re-installed
re-installed MDAC and DCOM
re-installed Win95!
run the VBC6 utility
run Regclean,

I think I've read every MS reference to this infamous error there is and
still can't find the answer. What have I missed? It's probably some version
confusion in the registry, but what???? If anyone can set me straight, I'd
really appreciate it.

Rod

Quote:

>Using VB6 enterpise, ADO, Microsofts supplied OLE DB Oracle provider

>Having great difficulty calling a stored function in an Oracle 7.3

database. I can call stored
Quote:
>packages with no problem but not functions that return a value!

>The function I'm trying to call will needs to return a NUMBER.

>This really is causing my serious grief! - if anyone has some sample VB

code, please put me out of
Quote:
>my misery!

>Thanks in advance

>Adrian harrison

Sat, 19 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. A sample how to return an Oracle strored function value - Please!

2. A sample how to return an Oracle strored function value - Please!

3. Getting return value from ORACLE function

4. problem using component with asp page -- result of function not returned, instead original value returned

5. RDO Error retrieving resultset from ORACLE strored procedure from VB5

6. Oracle 8.05i / RDO / and truncated returned values in result sets

7. Return value from Oracle stored procedure with VB5?

8. Does anyone haver a working sample of API function GetPrivateProfileString which reads values from ini files

9. Does anyone haver a working sample of API function GetPrivateProfileString which reads values from ini files

10. retrieving return value from oracle stored procedure

11. Returning a Value from an Oracle Stored Procedure

12. retrieving return value from oracle stored procedure