ADO Requery returns Err. 3219: HELP!!!
Author Message
 ADO Requery returns Err. 3219: HELP!!!

Hello,

I want to programmatically create a ADODB.Recordset in my app to store
temporary data into it to be displayed into a datagrid and an mschart.
It all works fine until... I try to create a unlinked copy of it with the
Requery method:

Sub test()

    Dim rs As New Recordset
    rs.Fields.Append "Name", adVarChar, 255
    rs.Open

    Dim rsClone As Recordset
    Set rsClone = rs.Clone
    rsClone.Requery

End Sub

Can anyone please explain why this happens and if there's work around for
it?

Thanks in advance.

Andy De Filippo

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 23:27:45 GMT
 ADO Requery returns Err. 3219: HELP!!!

Since rs and rsClose are all disconnected recordset, you can't execute
'ReQuery' with them. If you just want to get a copy of rs, Clone method is
enough. Hope this help.

Luke

rights.)

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:58:47 GMT

1. ADO error 3219

2. HELP: Delete adAffectGroup raises an error 3219 - not allowed in context

3. error 3219: invalid operation

4. Run-Time Error '3219'

5. error 3219

6. Close causes 3219 error

7. Access Querries revisited and Error 3219

8. Runtime Error 3219 on Append?

9. SQL Error #3219

10. Run-time errors 3704 and 3219

11. Close causes 3219 error

12. Run-time error 3078 and 3219 (Problem with dbSqlPassThrough and FindFirst)