Reading Excel using msexcl40.dll
Author Message
 Reading Excel using msexcl40.dll

Hello,
I'm using msexcl40.dll (4.0.5919.0 and 4.0.6726.0) from
VB6 to import data from Excel spreadsheets into SQL
Server.  It sometimes returns NULL for cells that contains
data. I can see this by viewing the input recordset field
value in debug.  I've tried re-entering the data in the
cell and using "format cell as".  No joy.  If I go into
Access 2000 and import the data it works perfectly.

What is your support policy towards this Jet Engine DLL?

If I can provide a failing case would you fix it and if so
how long would it be before I could get a fixed version?

The application is VB6, ADO 2.0 (or DAO 3.6-fails in both)
running under Windows 2000 SP3.

If you need any other information just let me know.

Thanks!
Patrick

Mon, 19 Dec 2005 01:38:24 GMT

1. VB DLL reading from ADO and colliding with C++ DLL reading there too (on NT)

2. Problems Reading Excel Data Using DAO

3. Reading in Excel sheets using bound controls

4. Reading Excel file using VBScript

5. Read Excel Spreadsheet in VBScript using ADO

6. Using VB Script to read ColorIndex of Conditional Formatted Excel Range

7. using COM/COM+ to read excel files

8. Problems Reading Excel Data Using DAO

9. How to read Excel file using ADO?

10. Read Access Table using Excel VB Script

11. Using .NET generated COM DLL in Excel

12. Newbie needs help in reading installed programs from the registry using RegObj.dll