How to list all the DSN in ODBC?
Author Message
 How to list all the DSN in ODBC?

Hello,

Would you please to teach me how can list all the ODBC DSN in VB ? Please
give me a simple example ?

Regards,
Eric

Thu, 01 Apr 2004 11:47:25 GMT
 How to list all the DSN in ODBC?
Hello Eric,
Open a new VB Project .
Add New Form and choose ODBC Log In form from the wizard.
This will create a login form. look at the code behind this and this has a
routine
which lists all the DSNs on the machine. The subroutine is called
GetDSNsAndDrivers
They use the SQLDataSources API.

Hope this helps.

Ramesh Thyagarajan, MCSD
Microsoft Developer Support.
reserved.

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 21:30:04 GMT

1. Crystal and ODBC DSN/DSN-less connections - do I need USER DSN or SYSTEM DSN

2. VB.NET ODBC.NET limitations solved DSN list / Tables list

3. List tables in ODBC DSN

4. Retrieve a list of ODBC DSN

5. ODBC DSN listing?

6. ADO ODBC DSN List

7. Creating ODBC System DSN by using ODBC API ?

8. which Dsn(Data Source Name) is Faster System DSN Or File DSN

9. Import Excel with ODBC Drivers and DSN-less connection

10. ODBC, DSN

11. Create ODBC connection without DSN

12. ODBC File DSN: when do you use it?