How can I establish a dial-up networking connection thru code
Author Message
 How can I establish a dial-up networking connection thru code

Hi,

We're trying to figure out how to synchronize database replicas via a
dialup network connection.  What I'd like to do is to have a VB app that
once a day (or so) dials up each of a series of machines and synchronizes
the replicas on their end with the design master, then disconnects the
dialup network connection before making the next connection.

Does anybody know how to code the connection and dis-connection of dialup
network connections, or is there a 3rd party ActiveX component that will do
this for me?  I'd appreciate any additional hints.

Thanks, Jim

Tue, 23 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I establish a dial-up networking connection thru code

--------------15D3B2C711D6F356DA3D00D8

Rather than depending upon any control. It is better you create a class for RAS
with the help of RAS API. So that you can handle every bit of your requirement.

I did the same for one of the application.

BKK

?

Quote:

> Hi,

> We're trying to figure out how to synchronize database replicas via a
> dialup network connection.? What I'd like to do is to have a VB app that
> once a day (or so) dials up each of a series of machines and synchronizes
> the replicas on their end with the design master, then disconnects the
> dialup network connection before making the next connection.

> Does anybody know how to code the connection and dis-connection of dialup
> network connections, or is there a 3rd party ActiveX component that will do
> this for me?? I'd appreciate any additional hints.

> Thanks, Jim

?

--------------15D3B2C711D6F356DA3D00D8

begin:          vcard
fn:             Bipinchandra  Kundgol
n:              Kundgol;Bipinchandra
adr:            2904, Brooktree Circle;;;Memphis ;TN;38119;USA

tel;work:       (901)-375-7450
tel;home:       (901)-759-9354
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------15D3B2C711D6F356DA3D00D8--

Thu, 25 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I establish a dial-up networking connection thru code

Check out PDQComm from Cresent.  They have a great TAPI control along with a
good comm control.

Robert

--
Kill the wow to send me mail

Quote:

>Hi,

>We're trying to figure out how to synchronize database replicas via a
>dialup network connection.  What I'd like to do is to have a VB app that
>once a day (or so) dials up each of a series of machines and synchronizes
>the replicas on their end with the design master, then disconnects the
>dialup network connection before making the next connection.

>Does anybody know how to code the connection and dis-connection of dialup
>network connections, or is there a 3rd party ActiveX component that will do
>this for me?  I'd appreciate any additional hints.

>Thanks, Jim

Sat, 27 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I establish a dial-up networking connection thru code

Jim
Look into the access replication manager via dao. It is available on the
access 95 toolkit. If the servers are lans, you will have to establish a
session between them after the replicator fails and drops off a pending
replica in its local drop box. Then when the servers connect BOOM the
pending replica transmits. I used sql enterprise manager in SQL Server 6.5
to fire off the scripts to the locations. Ring your bell?
Richard

Quote:

>Hi,

>We're trying to figure out how to synchronize database replicas via a
>dialup network connection.  What I'd like to do is to have a VB app that
>once a day (or so) dials up each of a series of machines and synchronizes
>the replicas on their end with the design master, then disconnects the
>dialup network connection before making the next connection.

>Does anybody know how to code the connection and dis-connection of dialup
>network connections, or is there a 3rd party ActiveX component that will do
>this for me?  I'd appreciate any additional hints.

>Thanks, Jim

Sun, 04 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I establish a dial-up networking connection thru code

How about:

Private Sub CallDUNConnection(TheConnection)
   Shell "rundll32.exe rnaui.dll,RnaDial " & TheConnection,
vbNormalFocus
   SendKeys "{ENTER}"
End Sub

Quote:
>Jim
>Look into the access replication manager via dao. It is available on the
>access 95 toolkit. If the servers are lans, you will have to establish a
>session between them after the replicator fails and drops off a pending
>replica in its local drop box. Then when the servers connect BOOM the
>pending replica transmits. I used sql enterprise manager in SQL Server 6.5
>to fire off the scripts to the locations. Ring your bell?
>Richard

>>Hi,

>>We're trying to figure out how to synchronize database replicas via a
>>dialup network connection.  What I'd like to do is to have a VB app that
>>once a day (or so) dials up each of a series of machines and synchronizes
>>the replicas on their end with the design master, then disconnects the
>>dialup network connection before making the next connection.

>>Does anybody know how to code the connection and dis-connection of dialup
>>network connections, or is there a 3rd party ActiveX component that will do
>>this for me?  I'd appreciate any additional hints.

>>Thanks, Jim

-Kevin Buchan

Tue, 06 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How can I establish a dial-up networking connection thru code

2. How can I establish a dial-up networking connection thru code

3. Q: How to detect that Connection has established through Dial Up Networking

4. How create Dial-Up Networking connection thru software?

5. RDO : connection lost when establishing dialup

6. establishing dial-up connection - how to?

7. need API code to create a DUN connection under Dial up networking

8. Establish Dial-up connection ???

9. need API code to create a DUN connection under Dial up networking

10. How: Detect Dialup-Connection with Dialup-Network?

11. Automatically dialing a Dial-Up Networking connection

12. Dialing a Dial-Up Networking connection from VB