Automatic Generate a word-document from VB
Author Message
 Automatic Generate a word-document from VB

This can be done if the computer you are running the program on has Word
installed (and activex version like word97).  You use automation of Word to
create, define and save the file.  Try an automation newsgroup for more
information.
Quote:

>Please Help!
>I want to generate a document in Word-format from a progam implemented
>in VB. One friend of mine suggest me to use the RTF-format, but I think
>its better when I could directly generate it. There should be only some
>table, tilte, topline and bottomline in the document which come from a
>database as a report of query in the VB-program.
>Thanks,
>Son.

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Automatic Generate a word-document from VB

Quote:

> I want to generate a document in Word-format from a progam implemented
> in VB. One friend of mine suggest me to use the RTF-format, but I think
> its better when I could directly generate it. There should be only some
> table, tilte, topline and bottomline in the document which come from a
> database as a report of query in the VB-program.

Are you using Crystal Reports?  Crystal Reports gives the ability to
export to Word format.  You can then automate this through code so the
report is exported directly to a file.  Make sure you have the latest
versions of the export dlls.

If you wanted to generate the file yourself, it would probably be pretty
straight forward to generate an RTF or HTML file.

Brent Langdon, Software Engineer
Sequel Technology, http://www.sequeltech.com
(remove "nospam" to reply directly)

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Automatic Generate a word-document from VB

2. Automatic Generate a word-document from VB

3. Automatic Generate a word-document from VB

4. Automatic Generate a word-document from VB

5. Automatic Generate a word-document from VB

6. Automatic Generate a word-document from VB

7. Automatic Generate a word-document from VB - Found a solution!!!

8. Generating word document files from embedded documents in Access or SQL Server DB.

9. Using VB.Net to Generate MS Word Documents

10. automatic printing word documents

11. Generating a word document from Excel

12. generating WORD documents