dBASE IV & ADO
Author Message
 dBASE IV & ADO

Anyone know the connection string to use fo ADODB.Connection string for a
DbaseIV file?

Wed, 22 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 dBASE IV & ADO
Dear SR,

Well assuming that DBaseIII files are the same, try
      comDBF_Bankim.Open
"CollatingSequence=ASCII;DefaultDir=C:\a_rd_vb\PMifalim\PMCustConvert;Deleted=1;Driver={Microsoft
dBase Driver (*.dbf)};DriverId=277;FIL=dBase
IV;FILEDSN=C:\a_rd_vb\Dependancy\B_RIKUZ.DBF.dsn;MaxBufferSize=2048;MaxScanRows=8;PageTimeout=600;SafeTransactions=0;Statistics=0;Threads=3;UID=admin;UserCommitSync=Yes;"

I obtained it by using the ODBC Provider in the data environment, (curse the
thing), and then getting the connect string from the Advance tab. Of course,
you will have to change the DefaultDir and insert an App.Path string.

If you have any other questions, then please contact me direct.

Kindest Regards

Garry
Planium Software Ltd
Israel

Quote:

> Anyone know the connection string to use fo ADODB.Connection string for a
> DbaseIV file?

Thu, 23 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. dBASE III/IV & FoxPro Index files

2. Visual Basic 3 & Dbase IV

3. DBase IV & Data Manager

4. dBase III IV & 5.0

5. DBase IV & passwords

6. VB5 & dBASE IV databases

7. dBase IV & Indexes

8. Problem with dBase IV ODBC access via ADO

9. ADO ConnectionString for dBASE IV

10. Problem with dBase IV ODBC access via ADO

11. Openeing DBase IV files with ADO

12. Q:Strange-dBase IV in EXE<>dBASE IV in FRM!