NULL Values in SQL Queries - HELP HELP
Author Message
 NULL Values in SQL Queries - HELP HELP

Quote:
>Select * from author where author_tel_no <> null

>This query works perfectly on SQL Server

That's non-standard SQL syntax, and I would consider it a bug that it
works in SQL Server.

It should be:

select * from author where author_tel_no is not null

A 'null' is never either EQUAL TO or NOT EQUAL TO another value,
including another null.

-- Jim Ferguson, FMS
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 01 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. NULL Values in SQL Queries - HELP!

2. Parameter Query/Null Value help

3. Paramter Query/Null Value help

4. SQL query selecting null values

5. HELP: SQL + Null value

6. Help: Recordset values and SQL queries

7. Checking for Null values - Help

8. How to pass single, multiple or null parameter value(s) to multiple queries

9. how to handle NULL values from a FORM when using date string functions - help please

10. Help: Inserting null values into Jet database using ADO

11. Null values in Parameter queries (or Wildcards)???

12. Help with NULL values