Best learning strategy for learning web database prog.
Author Message
 Best learning strategy for learning web database prog.

I'm new to database programming. I just loaded the trial version of VID 6. I
want to start building database-powered web sites as soon as I can. Should I
learn ADO by learning VB6 or try to go the VID route? It's not like I'm
looking for an easy way out, but I could use some suggestions on how to
proceed. Books, online tutorials?

TIA

--
Rick Mir

(Remove anti-spam zzz_ from address to reply.)

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Best learning strategy for learning web database prog.
I would recommend:
"Using Visual Interdev 6" from Michael Amundsen ISBN: 0789716402
Great book about this topic ...

--
Alberto Borbolla
Microsoft VB MVP

Quote:
> I'm new to database programming. I just loaded the trial version of VID 6.
> want to start building database-powered web sites as soon as I can. Should
> learn ADO by learning VB6 or try to go the VID route? It's not like I'm
> looking for an easy way out, but I could use some suggestions on how to
> proceed. Books, online tutorials?

> TIA

> --
> Rick Mir

> (Remove anti-spam zzz_ from address to reply.)

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help for COBOL prog learning VB6

2. Learn VB7 or learn Java ?

3. Learning Visual Basic Learning Edition Deluxe/Professional Edition

4. Learn to write your own Homepages, or learn to program (On Line)

5. Best way to learn VBA

6. Best way to learn VBA/loops

7. Best site or book to learn forms?

8. Good book to learn?

9. best way of learning

10. Which is the best language to learn?

11. Any good learning sites for a VB Beginner

12. Visual Studio: Good Learning Package?