ADVICE DESIRED.
Author Message
 ADVICE DESIRED.

I'm starting a project that will involve dumping data from 250 seperate but
Identical Access databases into one Oracle database for reporting..
My thoughts are to pull ADO recordsets from the access datbases then cycle
through them to populate Oracle tables.
Does anyone know a quicker/more efficient way.  Just point me in the right
direction, and I can take it from there.

Thanks for your time

Jeff.

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ADVICE DESIRED.
I don't know much about Oracle, but it maight have a similar utility to SQL
Server which allows mass importing of data through a program called "Bulk
Copy Program" (BCP). If you have something like this, you can dump your
Access tables out to text files then load them into Oracle at a rate of
about 3,000 lines (records) per second.

--
Chris Stamey
-------------------

I'm starting a project that will involve dumping data from 250 seperate but
Identical Access databases into one Oracle database for reporting..
My thoughts are to pull ADO recordsets from the access datbases then cycle
through them to populate Oracle tables.
Does anyone know a quicker/more efficient way.  Just point me in the right
direction, and I can take it from there.

Thanks for your time

Jeff.

Wed, 07 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. writing filtered/desired object info in xml file

2. A script that dials a number programatically at a desired point of time

3. Response to Shawn's desire to copyright his Shareware

4. oracle 8 not producing desired results

5. Newbie using VB 6.0 with desire to learn

6. Are you my heart's desire? 22397

7. copy file, rename file API desired

8. Set up a printer automatically with the desired properties

9. Print doenst print at the desired printer

10. Desire BLANK DatePicker

11. Desired field not being accessed in Access databse

12. Print a specific record and desire date in Crystal report 7