"Pure Virtual Function called"
Author Message
 "Pure Virtual Function called"

Hi everyone,
I'm fairly new at VB and I am attempting to use the DataEnvironment from
within my VB application.
I specify a table hierarchy in a data environment I added to my project and
then I created a MSHFlexGrid referencing the DataEnvironment as the data
source and the top level table in that hierarchy as the data field.

Any how, when I start up the VB application it immediately returns an error
(I believe R6205 - but not sure) which says "Pure Virtual Function called".

Has anyone here seen this?  How do I get over this problem?...

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Pure Virtual Function called"
I have not run into this but, it seems to a problem in the control you are
using.  A Pure Virtual Function (in C++ anyway) does not have a definition
so the computer has no idea what to do when it is called.

Try using other functions to obtain the end result you are looking for or
look for an updated control.

Jeff Scott
Dundas Software

Quote:

>Hi everyone,
>I'm fairly new at VB and I am attempting to use the DataEnvironment from
>within my VB application.
>I specify a table hierarchy in a data environment I added to my project and
>then I created a MSHFlexGrid referencing the DataEnvironment as the data
>source and the top level table in that hierarchy as the data field.

>Any how, when I start up the VB application it immediately returns an error
>(I believe R6205 - but not sure) which says "Pure Virtual Function called".

>Has anyone here seen this?  How do I get over this problem?...

Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Pure Virtual Function Call" Problem

2. "PURE VIRTUAL FUNCTION CALL" C++ ERROR in VB 6.0 ?!!

3. "PURE VIRTUAL FUNCTION CALL" C++ ERROR in VB 6.0 ?!!

4. Anyone seen R6025 error: Visual C++ pure virtual function call

5. Outlook 2003 R6025 error - pure virtual function call

6. Pure virtual function call

7. Visual Basic virtual pure function call

8. R6025 - Pure virtual function call

9. R6025 pure virtual function call

10. R6025 pure virtual function call

11. Runtime Error - R6025 - pure virtual function call

12. "Pure Virtual Function Error" ???