Updating the one-side of an one-to-many relationship
Author Message
 Updating the one-side of an one-to-many relationship

Hi!,

       I am having trouble to make a SQL string to acomplish the
following: Update a field in the one side of an one-to-may relationship
when in the many side all the records meet a criteria. I know this can
be done with an algorithm an code, but I need speed in the process. I
wonder if you guys can help me with this. Thanks in advance

Federico Cirett
=)

Sun, 07 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Updating the one-side of an one-to-many relationship

Quote:

> Hi!,

>        I am having trouble to make a SQL string to acomplish the
> following: Update a field in the one side of an one-to-may
> relationship
> when in the many side all the records meet a criteria. I know this
> can
> be done with an algorithm an code, but I need speed in the process.
> wonder if you guys can help me with this. Thanks in advance

> Federico Cirett
> =)

 It's weird to answer my own question in this newsgroup, but
nevertheless, here is the answer, maybe it can help you guys:

You have to use Subqueries inside your query. The subquery executes
first, then you check with your main query the results of it, if it
matchs, update the record. If you want more info about this you can read
the help that come with Access 7, 2 or 3 times to get it clear.

Anyway, thanks for reading
Federico Cirett
=)

Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Auto create record for one-to-one relationship tables

2. Adding records with one-to-one relationship

3. Representing a One-to-Many relationship in one row

4. Performance Hit on Access One-to-One Relationships

5. one-to-one relationship with adox

6. One to one relationship

7. Fast Way to update one field in one record

8. Procedure with 2 record sets one select, one update

9. -VB one-one-one tutoring

10. Coding field updates & adding records in one-to-one relationships

11. One to many Relationships.

12. Copy relationships from one database to another