Help: DBGrid - Adding data without Data Control?
Author Message
 Help: DBGrid - Adding data without Data Control?

Dear VB Friends:

Can anyone show me how I can use code (not the Data Control) to load a
recordset in the DBGrid. Ultimately I want to use the Nomatch property of
the recordset. I know you can use the DBGrid in unbound mode, but I still
don't know how to add data to it without using the Data Control. Or do I
have to use the Flexigrid?
Thanks in advance:

Peter

Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: DBGrid - Adding data without Data Control?
If you want the user to be able to edit the values in the grid use the
DBgrid - but my suggestion is to use the flex grid if you just want to
display.   You really don't want to use the dbgrid unbound - the code is
messy and slow.

Is your data coming from a database or someplace else?

If you have VB6 you probably want to do a data class and attach that to the
db grid - the grid thinks it is a data control, and you get to write the
code to populate,

Syd Kahn

Quote:

>Dear VB Friends:

>Can anyone show me how I can use code (not the Data Control) to load a
>recordset in the DBGrid. Ultimately I want to use the Nomatch property of
>the recordset. I know you can use the DBGrid in unbound mode, but I still
>don't know how to add data to it without using the Data Control. Or do I
>have to use the Flexigrid?
>Thanks in advance:

>Peter

Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: DBGrid - Adding data without Data Control?

2. Display data on DBGrid without needing Data Control?

3. Display data on DBGrid without needing Data Control?

4. Display data on DBGrid without needing Data Control?

5. DBGrid without Data Control

6. DBGrid without Data Control

7. DBGrid without a Data Control

8. Can I use dbgrid without data control ?

9. Filling DBGrid without Data Control?

10. DBGrid without Data Control

11. DBGrid without a Data Control

12. CAn I use DBGrid without Data Control ?