ODBC/Oracle Error: Invalid Scale
Author Message
 ODBC/Oracle Error: Invalid Scale

I'm sure hoping someone can shed some light on
this sucker...I'm new to Oracle, completely stumped,
and facing a deadline.

I have an Oracle procedure that seems to be working
fine on the Oracle end of things. I call it from within
the SQL Worksheet, filling in the same values I'm trying
to send from code, and it runs fine.

When I call it from within VB code, I get:

Quote:
>S1094: [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Invalid scale value

The code I am using to call the procedure looks like:

Quote:
>mySQL = "{ call GridSiteMatrixSite (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) }"
>Set PSObject = rc.CreateQuery("GridSiteMatrixSite", mySQL)
>PSObject(11).Direction = rdParamOutput

>ps(0) = "Parameter Value"

>...(Repeat a few times)...

>ps.execute

I don't see anything different in this than any other
of the many stored procs I call in my database, so I
don't get why this one isn't working.

Any help or pointers to a solution or potential
other avenues of exploration would be greatly
appreciated! :)

Thanks.
Jen.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC error, Jet->ODBC->Oracle

2. Oracle ODBC driver / Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

3. Help: Oracle error - invalid number

4. ODBC Error (40002) Invalid cursor position

5. INSTALLED CR6 UPGRADE AND NOW GET ODBC INVALID DATE ERROR

6. Data type problem - invalid scale value

7. Invalid Scale Value

8. URGENT: ODBC Access > Oracle Error

9. Error [08S01] [Oracle] [ODBC] [Rdb] socket () Ret 2 Err#10077 WSANOSUPPRT

10. Oracle ODBC and Dr Watson Errors

11. error setting up microsoft odbc for oracle dsn

12. ODBC error 3151 with VB4, Access2.0 and Oracle